How do we beat UGA ??

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Contain Chubb (easier said then done)
Force turnovers ( I don't trust Mason)
Blitz & pressure on obvious passing downs. Probably gonna have to run blitz as well.
Hope the opportunistic turnover D continues.

Have to win in the passing game & convert on third downs
We will need to win in explosive plays
This game will be in JT's hands offensively because I think there won't be lanes for the Bback & limited in plays at Aback.
I don't particular think much of their coaches or their ability to adjust we have to exploit that potential.

We are completely Overmatched in this game. There front seven is damn good and their OLine is stout. We will have to smoke n mirror and pixie dust our way to a win.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
This game will be in JT's hands offensively because I think there won't be lanes for the Bback & limited in plays at Aback.

We are completely Overmatched in this game. There front seven is damn good and their OLine is stout. We will have to smoke n mirror and pixie dust our way to a win.

Taking away the middle and stretching out plays on the edge is going to hamper us greatly. We are going to have to get creative and execute to have a chance barring some self inflicted implosion on their part.

Big Philly

Jolly Good Fellow
Last year we came out passing. Put up 20pts doing so then it seemed we let off the gas and of course we couldn't stop Gurley, you sure we shouldn't change it up?

I don't think we let off the gas, we were just less successful doing the same things we did in the first half.

Half 20-7
3rd Quarter:
* Held UGA to a field goal: 20-10
* Missed 43-yard field goal
* UGA TD - 20-17 (Committed 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct)

4th Quarter:
* TD Pass to Smelter 27-17 (Overcame 15-yard personal foul)
* UGA TD - 27-24 (UGA converts 4th and 6)
* Vad Lee intercepted by Josh Harvey-Clemons with 5:50 remaining in the game
* Held UGA to a field goal in the red-zone: 27-27
* Potential Game-Winning drive stalls on UGA 40 after incomplete pass
* Garbage UGA drive to end regulation

On the interception:

* We lined up in Spread on the right-hash and UGA lined up in a 5-0 Front with two safeties
* On tail motion to the boundary the play-side backer blitzed the A-Gap and was picked up.
* Our play-side tackle looped to the outside blocking nothing really. This caused a really hard run-read for the defense. The OLB feathered to the outside to defend an option run that didn't come and was completely uninvolved in the play. The play-side safety came up hard in run support and Godhigh ran right past him.
* Georgia played Cover-3 with their 2 corners and their backside safety running to the middle of the field.
* We ran a late Switch. Godhigh up the sideline and Smelter on a post to the middle.
* The play-side DE didn't buy the fake and didn't tackle the B-Back. He beat both the B-Back and Days protecting after coming in motion and got in Vad's face.
* Both Smelter and Godhigh are open. Smelter beats the corner to the inside and is behind the safety playing the middle of the field. Godhigh ran past the playside safety.
* Vad's throw is late. He danced for an extra two hitches in the pocket and then threw off his back foot in the air.
* The throw is woefully underthrown and intercepted by the backside safety playing center field and running over to defend the route.
* If Vad just launched it downfield in front of either of our open receivers and we catch it or even miss it and just avoid the turnover, I think we win this game.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Completely overmatched? I guess Clempson's and Miami's D line/LBs are scrubs. The only clear advantage I see the dwags having is their O line (avg 301 T to T) man up with Tech's D line. Tech has better WRs, Tech's O line is better than the dwags D line, I like JeT over Mason, the running game is a wash, special teams close with maybe a slight edge to the dwags with McKenzie. The dwags lost to a very mediocre gamecock and a mediocre to bad fl team. Overmatched? Not that I see. It'll be a tough game not doubt but to think Tech is the little sisters of the poor is giving the dwags WAY too much credit!

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
The middle of their secondary (12 to 18 yards down field) has been wide open all year. Maybe we can exploit this with some semi quick a back passes or run big Waller across the middle some

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The middle of their secondary (12 to 18 yards down field) has been wide open all year. Maybe we can exploit this with some semi quick a back passes or run big Waller across the middle some

do we ever complete a pass in that area of the field? i'm serious here. i don't know if we have routes in this area.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Thought we sometimes run one of the a backs in a post route but could be wrong. if we don't have any routes, wish we'd practice some because their secondary is horrible there. I wouldn't even call it a Swiss cheese d but more like the hole of a giant donut

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't care how we win...but if we win i want to win big. I mean like 56-14 big. I want everyone to understand that Tech is back in this rivalry. That we just don't want to play this game...we want to dominate it. I know we usually play them close but i hope we find something and exploit it and then find something else and exploit it. I want the headline to be," Tech Buzzes uGA's Chubb"

I think we have the offense to score on them...i just hope we get the turnovers.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
do we ever complete a pass in that area of the field? i'm serious here. i don't know if we have routes in this area.
I'm pretty sure I saw a pass to Zenon off a post route once. I couldn't tell you the game though.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I don't think their front 7 is all that. They are vulnerable in the secondary. We have to hit them with a couple of big play action passes because they will have 8 or 9 committed to the run.

Offensively, it comes down to wrapping up and tackling. PJ said it best today, their backs have consistently gotten to the second level without getting touched. Got to get off blocks or at least jam the linemen so the linebackers can make plays.

And I think we block a kick or two in the game.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Their DC 38 years old came to uga after very short stints at fsu as DC (1 yr) a
Contain Chubb (easier said then done)
Force turnovers ( I don't trust Mason)
Blitz & pressure on obvious passing downs. Probably gonna have to run blitz as well.
Hope the opportunistic turnover D continues.

Have to win in the passing game & convert on third downs
We will need to win in explosive plays
I don't particular think much of their coaches or their ability to adjust we have to exploit that potential.

Agree on the defense completely - keep players fresh in first half.
Hope you are wrong on their defensive front 7 - we had our hands full with clemson s DL and lb. during pregame drills against simulated cut blocks you could see they had QUICK feet and great feet. We are fortunate to play that group (8 seniors) just before uga. I hope we can take advantage of the uga DC who is new and young . Fresh out of high school coaching he helped as a recruiter for ala 4 years ago. Then got promoted to DB coach for 2 years (saban helps w DB), and last year too DC job at fsu. With only one year at uga and limited overall experience, I hope coach can make our first meeting a living xxx for him.

Last edited:

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow

We haven't run it very it much recently but the A back straight up the middle of the field has been a staple since PJ's been here. Remember Godhigh's Superman catch against UNC - same route. I don't know if JT can see that route very well? Might be why we haven't seen it lately - besides helping him see the field we also usually like to roll JT one way or the other so he has an easy option to pull it down and run if nothing is there. The AB up the middle is usually pretty quick-hitting, ball needs to come out right as AB clears the middle linebacker. I'm sure if it's wide open we'll see it at some point.