How do we beat UGA ??

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
1) Shootout like UNC but this time we have the ball last.
2) Clock killing drives with no errors like Miami game.
3) Win turnover battle by two or three.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
Offense: Have to have success throwing the football. UGA's defensive front won't be as good as Clemson but it will be extremely talented. We won't be able to blow them off the ball like we did against Pitt, NC State, UNC, etc. We have to score TD's. Can't settle for FG's like we did last year. If we go up 24-0 against UGA last year instead of 20-0, it's a different story. Justin Thomas will have to play his best game of the year and can't turn the ball over. Smelter and Waller will need to make plays.

Defense: Turnovers. Need to force them. Be aggressive as ****. Bring the house on obvious passing downs. I highly doubt we'll be able to force many punts on Saturday. Rotate often on the DL. We remember what happened last year. Defense was dominant in the first half. UGA ran it down our throats in the second half.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
We win by Miami-ing them. Move the chains offensively. Have no big-breakaway, three-play drives—instead, grind out 4, 5, 6 yards on the ground every play, eating lots of clock time in the process. Win the ToP battle 40-20, so that the enemy feels pressured to abandon their ground game and go to the air. Get a few stops/turnovers when they do.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Do what we did last year. Be stout vs the run and put the game Mason hand. Only this year, we will be a little more aggressive on obvious passing downs.

As far as the O goes, just play physical smash mouth football and not try to get too cute

Last year we came out passing. Put up 20pts doing so then it seemed we let off the gas and of course we couldn't stop Gurley, you sure we shouldn't change it up?

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
with how our O-line is playing and them running that 3/4 front with smallish d linemen i feel that the dive for 3+ yards is gonna be there for us all day long

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Feeling better about the passing in this game then I have in a long time.. JeT seems to be able to make the touch passes count, which is where we will need him against uGA.
I don't think we are going to see our wideouts running free with busted coverage

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
It boils down to one thing for me...we must be able to complete our passes.

Also need Butker and all the ST's at it's best...they have a dangerous returner.

agreed on the passing game. to be a little more specific, we need to be successful in the passing game early on. A couple times this year, thomas seemed a bit "off" early on and then warms up...we can't afford to be inefficient early on in the passing game.