How did you become a TECH fan?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
No choice in the matter. Grandfather Tech man class of 22 . My father was at Tech when Japan bombed PH. Enlisted like every red blooded American and was transferred to Bradley for officer training and joined 96th I.D. . When the war was over, Tech would not accept his transcript from Bradley, so he finished his 4 year
in Illinois. Came home and had Season tickets from 50 until 2001 . Forgot to mention that my Grandfather had tickets to all home games from 1921 until passing in 1977. The time of his Graveside service was set so we could all get to Grant Field for the Auburn Game. I feel blessed to have watched Kim King , Lenny Snow, Jeff Ford , Rock Perdoni, Eddie McShan??, Kent Hill, Drew Hill. Lucius Sanford ,Eddie Lee Ivery, Randy Robinson,Robert Lavette,Jerry Mays,Joe Harris,Henry Johnson. The Fridge Mover, Pat Swilling, Marco Coleman, Ken Swilling, Shawn Jones, Big Play Clay, Coleman Rudolph, William Bell, Little Joe, Kelly Campbell, Ron Rodgers, Megatron, BayBay,Nesbit, and on and on. Only one team worth watching. THWG

McAshan!

Great legacy, sir. Thanks for posting.

Yeljack1

Georgia Tech Fan
I used to be a dawg fan living savannah ga during the Hershel days....but as a grew older in my middle school I began to watch more and more of GT. My high school mascot in Savannah was the blue jackets , therefore I became a yellow jacket early. Even though all my friends and family remain uga fans. SO NATURALLY I TOOK AND STILL TAKE ALOT OF FLACK. But I've grown to actually love everything about GT athletics.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
... . My daughter and I came down to the virginia game last year. It was our first time in Atlanta and we had a great time. I am hoping to make it back this year maybe for Carolina or Pitt if I can swing it.
You know what? More than you liking the option, or Johnson, or GT, what I really like about this is traveling with your daughter. Everything else pales. I have three sons and one daughter. I have done Civil War battlefields, Natchez (and the Mississippi Indian mounds), Selma and the Edmund Pettis Bridge, the Little Big Horn with one or all. Several years ago I took her to my HS class reunion in South Georgia. But the one trip I would not exchange for any of them was a trip with her to Gettysburg. A man has not lived until his daughter volunteers to join him in making that 1,400 yard march to Cemetery Ridge. It was supposed to explore her interest in archives and history. It turned into the most satisfying week of my life. I found it amazing how well we came to know each other without three brothers clamoring and thrashing about. Bet you had a blast.

lastoption

Georgia Tech Fan
You are absolutely right. Having her along made it truly memorable. Gettysburg is a great idea. I am going to try to make that happen. I am really hoping that I can start an annual GT home game tradition with my daughter. She doesn't care anything at all about football to be honest but she really enjoyed following along with the student section cheers during the game and we got our picture taken with the wreck, saw the players walk to the stadium before the game, got her a JT jersey, etc. Hopefully something she will always remember.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
You are absolutely right. Having her along made it truly memorable. Gettysburg is a great idea. I am going to try to make that happen. I am really hoping that I can start an annual GT home game tradition with my daughter. She doesn't care anything at all about football to be honest but she really enjoyed following along with the student section cheers during the game and we got our picture taken with the wreck, saw the players walk to the stadium before the game, got her a JT jersey, etc. Hopefully something she will always remember.
Bonding at Bobby Dodd. Cool.

wishbone

Georgia Tech Fan
We had a record for consecutive homecoming victories before this game . Gary steps up. Lucius and Mackel cut down the Irish to keep the streak.

Good thread OP.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
We were young then. ND at 8:35. Enjoy. Apologies for the hijack.

Enjoyable. Thanks. Interesting take on defense by ND. One of their guys chased one of Tech's, Ivery maybe, out of bounds and knocked him into a bench 12-15 yards off the field, and then one tackled the Tech back after a TD, out of the end zone, but paid for it when he couldn't stop and slammed into the fence himself. If we're lucky he knocked himself out.

Enjoyable. Thanks. Interesting take on defense by ND. One of their guys chased one of Tech's, Ivery maybe, out of bounds and knocked him into a bench 12-15 yards off the field, and then one tackled the Tech back after a TD, out of the end zone, but paid for it when he couldn't stop and slammed into the fence himself. If we're lucky he knocked himself out.
I noticed the first obviously illegal hit; I missed the other one. That was typical of ND teams in those days.