Houston game watching?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So I moved to Houston last year and attended a few game watching parties with the alumni club here. Looks like they don't have anything planned for this week or next and so I wanted to see if anyone else here is doing anything in the Houston area for the game.

I live north of the city (woodlands) so up here would be ideal but frankly my wife (GT ME'07) and I will drive to meet up if anyone is interested.

Either way we will be watching somewhere.

Go jackets!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Midtown, I am actually on the U of H campus right now. My son goes to school here. Not going to the game but I'm going to be walking around for tailgating. I know that doesn't help you, but just wanted to let you know that you aren't the only person on GTSwarm with an interest in U of H. You would think there would be more going on with this being their home opener (last weeks game was off campus).

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Haha sorry Towaliga, I was asking if anyone was getting together to watch the boys in white and gold [emoji849]

That said I hope you and the Cougars get a win today too!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, misunderstood. I would meet you somewhere since I have nothing planned but I have to be in Galveston at 7:00. THWG

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
So I moved to Houston last year and attended a few game watching parties with the alumni club here. Looks like they don't have anything planned for this week or next and so I wanted to see if anyone else here is doing anything in the Houston area for the game.

I live north of the city (woodlands) so up here would be ideal but frankly my wife (GT ME'07) and I will drive to meet up if anyone is interested.

Go jackets!!

I live in Montgomery and would love to meet up for game watch some times. 2 or 3 years ago there were 4 or 5 other Alums that met a few times in the Woodlands at a Taco bar I believe. Maybe this thread will identify some N Houston alums and we can arrange some meet ups this side Houston. I have always had fun at the downtown watching parties but I no longer go downtown unless it is an emergency, Like ACC championship game. THWG-

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Haha sorry Towaliga, I was asking if anyone was getting together to watch the boys in white and gold
emoji849.png

That said I hope you and the Cougars get a win today too!

Exxon doesn't have a watching party in the theater room??

I spoke with the people in charge and they didn't want to setup watching parties for every game because of the poor turnout last year, ignoring the elephant in the room that 3 wins hurts attendance. I doubt we'll do anything this week but I hope to get something for the next couple of games. I'm a long ways down from you here in Midtown.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III

Go jackets!!

Last year we had our game watching parties all at beer market. Currently here with way more VT fans than I'm comfortable being around.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Last year we had our game watching parties all at beer market. Currently here with way more VT fans than I'm comfortable being around.
Yeah that other "tech" school just gets weird..

We had the same experience talking to Cate who organized the watching parties last year.. Tough season last year to get people excited.