Hotel/Motel Recommendations

Techster

Helluva Engineer
coming in friday leaving sunday

I would say get an AirBnB/VRBO at the MANY available condos around Midtown. That way you can enjoy all the restaurants/shopping/bars around the city, but also be in walking distance to BDS while enjoying amenities like a full kitchen and washer/dryer. Lots of AirBnBs and VRBOs are much nicer and more comfortable than staying in hotels...and you won't get charged for parking like you would if you stayed in Atlanta.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer
If you want to be near the stadium. I hear GT hotel at Tech Square is good, it's also near midtown. If you want to be in downtown where all the tourism is, there's plenty of hotels to choose from. I live in Atlanta so I have not stayed at any. I hear the omni and marriot are nice. If you want a cheaper option I'm sure there is a holiday inn somewhere.

gtbync

Jolly Good Fellow
If you want to be near the stadium. I hear GT hotel at Tech Square is good, it's also near midtown. If you want to be in downtown where all the tourism is, there's plenty of hotels to choose from. I live in Atlanta so I have not stayed at any. I hear the omni and marriot are nice. If you want a cheaper option I'm sure there is a holiday inn somewhere.
Thanks, I'll look into those

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have a good recommendation for hotel/motel to stay? Will be there to watch Sept. 10th
You really can't go wrong with anything along the Marta line ... Midtown, Arts Center, Lindbergh, Lenox, Sandy Springs. Personally, Midtown will give you a great set of restaurants you can walk to, just keep your eyes open. All things considered, I'd probably opt for something in or near downtown Decatur and all the great bars and restaurants there.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I have stayed at the Georgian Terrace and the GT conference hotel. Both convenient to campus and I always like parking near the stadium so I can walk to the game. Conference center hotel is the most convenient for both.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I have stayed at the Georgian Terrace and the GT conference hotel. Both convenient to campus and I always like parking near the stadium so I can walk to the game. Conference center hotel is the most convenient for both.
There's a great bar at the Georgia Terrace. +1!

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Anyone have a good recommendation for hotel/motel to stay? Will be there to watch Sept. 10th
Beside what has been recommended, there is the Indigo Hotel next to the Ga Terrace plus a brand new hotel opened up on the SW corner of P'Tree and North Ave.

Decatur does indeed have many good restaurants and bars and hotels but if you're staying there because of Marta you'll have to contend with transferring from the east line at Five Points.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Last trip a few years ago, we stayed At the Hilton Garden on 10th across the E way from Mccaimish. Nice place. Fairly priced and walking distance to places to drink/eat in midtown. It’s walkable to BDS but after pre drinking and getting out of the game at 11pm, Uber from the Varsity is the way to go.