Homecoming

Declinometer

Banned
What a weekend it's going to be! Turnpike Trubadours Fri at Central Stage and FSU Saturday.
All of my go to hotels are booked, GT Hotel, The Renaissance , Hampton Inn campus, Omni. Any ideas?
Also, is the Central Stage a decent venue?

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
Give this a try. Built right on the corner of Spring and 10th street, this is a brand new property that carries 2 brands under one roof. There is a Hilton Garden Inn and a Homewood Suites here. You can walk to campus, as it overlooks McCamish Pavillion and the 10th street bridge.

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e...-hilton-atlanta-midtown-ga-ATLMIHW/index.html To be clear, if you strike out searching here at the Homewood Suites side, be sure to search the same address under the Hilton Garden Inn brand.

Last edited:

PantherWreck

Georgia Tech Fan
Center Stage is a very good small venue. I would guess about 50/50 on seated vs standing viewing and seated areas are well tiered to provide good sight lines. I wouldn't eat there and the drink options are avg to below avg. Most shows there are GA, so arrive early if you care about seated viewing and the act has a decent following. I would guess it holds half the audience of the tabernacle.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
Give this a try. Built right on the corner of Spring and 10th street, this is a brand new property that carries 2 brands under one roof. There is a Hilton Garden Inn and a Homewood Suites here. You can walk to campus, as it overlooks McCamish Pavillion and the 10th street bridge.

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e...-hilton-atlanta-midtown-ga-ATLMIHW/index.html To be clear, if you strike out searching here at the Homewood Suites side, be sure to search the same address under the Hilton Garden Inn brand.
Stayed there last year for homecoming, it's nice and a fairly new property(built in the last 3 years) however I think it was sold out. I'm going the cheap route this year and crashing with friends.

LibertyTurns

Banned

The corner suites facing the TiT are very nice. Walking distance to Vortex, Taco Mac, Marta, etc. Wife can "get ready" (or sleep) while you're having a few extras before you hit the sack.

Declinometer

Banned
Hotel booked. Courtyard Marriot Executive Park/Emory. Single game tickets for FSU are not on sale yet. I'm not sure when they do go on sale but if anyone knows of 4 tickets for sale please let me know. Willing to pay going rate for good seats.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hotel booked. Courtyard Marriot Executive Park/Emory. Single game tickets for FSU are not on sale yet. I'm not sure when they do go on sale but if anyone knows of 4 tickets for sale please let me know. Willing to pay going rate for good seats.
They are actually sold out of single game tix for FSU, they announced it last week. Only available in 3 game packs now.