Historic NFL team for CPJ's Offense

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
I was thinking of the 2000 Vikings as well. Culpepper would be amazing, with Robert Smith at BB and Moss/Carter at WR. Hell you could just put the quickest athletes at AB and you'd be fine there. Culpepper would be a monster in the triple option, and the other guys it doesn't even need to be said.
Palmer, wr from Bama, would have made a pretty good a back as well. I think he was still there at that point.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Ok, I'll play:

QB: Bobby Douglas (6'3" 245, arm like a cannon. Held the record for QB rushing for years. May still. Honorable mention: Russell Wilson, of course.)
BB: Jim Brown (Why did anyone suggest anybody else? Honorable mention: Hugh McElhenny. The King would have ruled at BB.)
ABs: Gayle Sayers and Barry Sanders (Best pure HBs in NFL history. Honorable mention: OJ and Leroy Kelly.)
WRs: Calvin and Raymond Berry (Berry would be the best WR in our O. Honorable mention: Johnny Blood (the meanest man to ever play the position) and Lance Rentzel.)
OL: The Pittsburg Steelers OL from 1975 (The fastest, meanest OL in NFL history. Averaged about 235, but who cares? For our O, there is no #2.)

croberts

Ramblin' Wreck
QB McNabb BB a. Earl Campbell b. Earl Campbell c. Earl Campbell AB Barry Sanders and A Peterson WR GT Grown and no reason to look further (MEGATRON and Thomas) Had i not seen (Takethepoints pick) Probably would have said Denver zone blocking OL but must agree with the Pitt group of the mid 70s. Will say they averaged 251LBS on paper, with the heaviest at 262. The key word is paper. Boy have players gotten bigger over the years.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I did not even think about them. The Steeler team I was actually thinking about was from the 70s. Bradshaw was a pretty good athlete at qb. You could have Franco Harris at B back Rocky Bleir at one of the abacks. Swan and Stallworth at wr and the offensive line was quick and strong. Yah Stewart Qbing that team in 96 with CPJs offense would have been cool to see. Plus you would have had ones of the best defenses in the word.
Try as I might I cannot see Terry Bradshaw, the prototypical fire and fall back QB, running an option. That guy could sling with the best of them. I recall once when his IQ was being questioned and he was asked what it was. He held up four fingers for four Super Bowls.