High Quality Image - Qua's TD

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
Inches indeed! Check out #20 and #17... While we were celebrating, the replays showed they actually knocked the ball out. The football landed in the endzone so we can assume it was already a Touchdown, but wow. A micro-second separated Qua from legendary hero to epic fail.

On one of the replays you can see their hands reaching for the ball as Qua's flying towards the goal line and it's pretty clear that their hands are still in the end zone. Although seeing as how they gave uGa that TD in 2014 where JT probably got it across the goal line, got dragged back 2 yards (aka loss of forward motion), then they stole it from him for a run back, I was decidedly NOT comfortable with it going to a review. I felt they were just looking for any way to deny us what was rightfully ours.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
That's a drawing of a photo yaknow. From the Tulane game I believe
912fc216539e8d0f07f371b7f800a55d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Heck I didn't even know about it in the first place. [emoji6] Just happened to come up yesterday while googling for Searcy pics. But yeah very cool video!

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Inches indeed! Check out #20 and #17... While we were celebrating, the replays showed they actually knocked the ball out. The football landed in the endzone so we can assume it was already a Touchdown, but wow. A micro-second separated Qua from legendary hero to epic fail.
Fumble or not, did u(sic)Ga recover it? Pretty sure we never saw any of them come out of the pile with the ball.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Almost every play in the game would be changed drastically by minute changes. The interception that set up the go ahead score, for example, would not have been made if it was thrown a millisecond earlier or later or a tad higher or lower. The game of football is a game of inches and fractions of seconds.
Interestingly (well, to me, at least), I read a recent physics article about an MLS penalty kick that hit one goalpost, ricocheted laterally across the goal to hit the other goal post, and then ricocheted back across the front of the goal, without going in. The author did a calculation based on video analysis of the approach angle and departure angle. He concluded that if the ball had been 40 microns (about 1.5 thousandths of an inch) to the right when it struck the first goalpost, it would have gone in. For reference sake, a typical human hair has a diameter of about 80 microns--so the penalty kick was actually, not just figuratively, a hair's-breadth from scoring.

Animal02

Banned
Interestingly (well, to me, at least), I read a recent physics article about an MLS penalty kick that hit one goalpost, ricocheted laterally across the goal to hit the other goal post, and then ricocheted back across the front of the goal, without going in. The author did a calculation based on video analysis of the approach angle and departure angle. He concluded that if the ball had been 40 microns (about 1.5 thousandths of an inch) to the right when it struck the first goalpost, it would have gone in. For reference sake, a typical human hair has a diameter of about 80 microns--so the penalty kick was actually, not just figuratively, a hair's-breadth from scoring.
Frikkin engineers :whistle: