Hey, Brendan Douglas

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I'm going to be that guy that says this post is rather petty.. every year, there's probably 6-12 (more?) kids who have offers from both schools that pick Uga. Why pick this guy out of that lineup? I'm not sure a 5th string guy at Uga is better than what we have, especially at RB. so he is probably a bench warmer/ST's guy for us. I don't get the angst.

and, also, THWG

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm going to be that guy that says this post is rather petty.. every year, there's probably 6-12 (more?) kids who have offers from both schools that pick Uga. Why pick this guy out of that lineup? I'm not sure a 5th string guy at Uga is better than what we have, especially at RB. so he is probably a bench warmer/ST's guy for us. I don't get the angst.

and, also, THWG

He's playing behind two of the best backs in the country. Now I'm not saying he'd be a world beater for us but he's a really tough runner and would've been a good bback (especially last year). I guarantee if we had him, you'd be happier with a 5th year Marshall or mills.

But I digress, no need to pick on him. In fact, I may drive to Augusta and buy a truck at the dealership he'll work at or maybe an insurance policy. (He has choices after all)

Also he didn't just pick us over uga, he left us at the altar on signing day after committing to us.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He's playing behind two of the best backs in the country. Now I'm not saying he'd be a world beater for us but he's a really tough runner and would've been a good bback (especially last year). I guarantee if we had him, you'd be happier with a 5th year Marshall or mills.

How do we know how tough a runner he is? Has he even had a meaningful carrier for them in his career? And last year, given the O-line play, the only guy who could have helped us was Jim Brown (in his prime). And as far as committing to us, we take kids all the time who have committed elsewhere. We're OK with them right? I guess i just don't get the hang up over this kid. heck, he probably hasn't gotten this much discussion on the Uga fan sites over his rather nondescript career over there..

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
How do we know how tough a runner he is? Has he even had a meaningful carrier for them in his career? And last year, given the O-line play, the only guy who could have helped us was Jim Brown (in his prime). And as far as committing to us, we take kids all the time who have committed elsewhere. We're OK with them right? I guess i just don't get the hang up over this kid. heck, he probably hasn't gotten this much discussion on the Uga fan sites over his rather nondescript career over there..

-Had a great day against Florida a couple years ago when all their starters went down. He's a hard runner, feel free to google him.

-It's not about decommitting, it's about doing it at the last moment to our rivals.

But again, it's not a big deal. People are just having fun with it, relax.

and, also, THWG
We pick on him in particular, because he had committed to Tech and then flipped at the last minute, not even having received an offer from the mutts until then.

-Had a great day against Florida a couple years ago when all their starters went down. He's a hard runner, feel free to google him.

-It's not about decommitting, it's about doing it at the last moment to our rivals.

He lost the Vandy game for them a few years back when he fumbled on a scoring drive to win the game.

Nook Su Kow

Ramblin' Wreck

He likes fumbling. I like him fumbling. Should have fed him the ball.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
His lack of commitment turned out to be the best flip of all time given that we swapped him out for PJ Davis who has been a STUD from Day 1 on the Flats.

Thank you Brandon Douglas because were it NOT for you, PJ Davis would have been playing his football at Temple.

What's even better was when CPJ offered PJ Davis his scholarship he immediately told CPJ that: "He (PJ Davis) was going to be the best recruit in the class." He has certainly lived up to those words!

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
His lack of commitment turned out to be the best flip of all time given that we swapped him out for PJ Davis who has been a STUD from Day 1 on the Flats.

Thank you Brandon Douglas because were it NOT for you, PJ Davis would have been playing his football at Temple.

What's even better was when CPJ offered PJ Davis his scholarship he immediately told CPJ that: "He (PJ Davis) was going to be the best recruit in the class." He has certainly lived up to those words!
Just goes to show how recruiting is a crap shoot.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
Not that I'm taking up for him but iirc he was worried about passing academically. I'm guessing he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
I held a grudge against this kid for several years when he actually did play. Would've been a great Bback here. The academics was the main issue with his late flip. Ugag was cooler of course too.