26) Gary Patterson TCU
27) Jeff Tedford Fresno State
28) Geoff Collins Georgia Tech
29) Seth Litrell North Texas
30) Dino Babers Syracuse

https://coacheshotseat.com

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
They can list him as number 1 but it won't matter he is safe for 4 or 5 years.
Totally agree. The so called big donors will have to come out in earnest, and we know they don’t care about basketball-to pay the buyout. CGC got a 7 year deal because a semi-proven winning coach in the FBS wouldn't take this job, knowing most of the offense would need to be turned over. The talent level that was left, needed an upgrade too! Our defense has needed help, even when we have had winning seasons. Didn’t Paul go through 3 or 4 DC’s? I’m including Chas. Kelly.

As you know at G.T., it also takes a full recruiting cycle when we turn HC’s over.

Should he start winning 10 games before year 5, look for a two or three year extension added on. Then we shall see if this is really his dream job, if he commits to a new deal. AC’s would move on to better opportunities if not enough budget for themselves as well.

So many challenges at Tech. The dynamics seem to spin against us. Can’t have nice things!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree. The so called big donors will have to come out in earnest, and we know they don’t care about basketball-to pay the buyout. CGC got a 7 year deal because a semi-proven winning coach in the FBS wouldn't take this job, knowing most of the offense would need to be turned over. The talent level that was left, needed an upgrade too! Our defense has needed help, even when we have had winning seasons. Didn’t Paul go through 3 or 4 DC’s? I’m including Chas. Kelly.

As you know at G.T., it also takes a full recruiting cycle when we turn HC’s over.

Should he start winning 10 games before year 5, look for a two or three year extension added on. Then we shall see if this is really his dream job, if he commits to a new deal. AC’s would move on to better opportunities if not enough budget for themselves as well.

So many challenges at Tech. The dynamics seem to spin against us. Can’t have nice things!
I agree no matter what goes on Geoff Collins will be head football coach at Georgia Tech to at least 2022.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Why’s he on the hot seat?
I’d like to know what factors these sites use. I can’t imagine what could make anyone think he deserves to be that high as a first year coach under transition with a roster plagued with injuries. Maybe the site only look at records and doesn’t take into account contract length, buyout, fan perception? I don’t know.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’d like to know what factors these sites use. I can’t imagine what could make anyone think he deserves to be that high as a first year coach under transition with a roster plagued with injuries. Maybe the site only look at records and doesn’t take into account contract length, buyout, fan perception? I don’t know.
I tried to figure it out but apparently they even use his record at Temple.

I think the man deserves 2-3 years, but not every football fan thinks this way. Also, not everybody in the universe understands his challenges and completely defends it like the vocal “blind support” contingent on here. If some things had gotten better & some worse, coupled with the fact that the old regime keeps getting put forth as a defense makes his situation less optimal than it could have been. There’s challenges changing from one leadership team to another regardless of what you do. The inexperience of the staff was a third contributor and hopefully the OJT, plus some staff additions/changes will be what it takes in the off season.

My vote: No hot seat but continue to watch to see if there’s signs of improvement next year.

slugboy

Staff member

I think it’s just a guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's the latest Coaches Hotseat List

1) Tom Herman Texas
2) Kevin Sumlin Arizona
3) Will Muschamp South Carolina
4) Mark Dantonio Michigan State
5) Derek Mason Vanderbilt
6) Scott Frost Nebraska
7) Randy Edsall UConn
8) Manny Diaz Miami
9) Dana Holgorsen Houston
10) Chip Kelly UCLA
11) Joe Moorhead Mississippi State
12) Dana Dimel UTEP
13) Clay Helton USC
14) Walt Bell UMass
15) Doug Martin New Mexico State
16) Pat Fitzgerald Northwestern
17) Mike Bloomgren Rice
18) Steve Campbell South Alabama
19) Philip Montgomery Tulsa
20) Tom Arth Akron
21) Mike Locksley Maryland
22) Jeff Brohm Baylor
23) Lovie Smith Illinois
24) Dave Doeren NCSU
25) Gary Patterson TCU
26) Geoff Collins Georgia Tech
27) Seth Litrell North Texas
28) Dino Babers Syracuse
29) David Shaw Stanford
30) Les Miles Kansas

https://coacheshotseat.com

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
It looks like Coaches Hotseat has stopped updating the Coaches Hotseat List for the 2019 season and it looks like Coach Geoff Collins will be #26 on the Coaches Hotseat List going into the 2020 college football season.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's the latest 2020 College Football Coaches Hotseat List. Geoff Collins is #24 on the list:rolleyes::grumpy::meh::wideyed:

1)Clay Helton USC
2)Tom Herman Texas
3)Kevin Sumlin Arizona
4)Will Muschamp South Carolina
5)Derek Mason Vanderbilt
6)Scott Frost Nebraska
7)Randy Edsall UConn
8)Manny Diaz Miami
9)Dana Holgorsen Houston
10)Chip Kelly UCLA
11)Dana Dimel UTEP
12)Walt Bell UMass