Helpful tips for the OB

TampaGT

Helluva Engineer
Since have gone to the Orange bowl a few times I thought I would give some helpful tips for the game. Sorry for the length and errors I did this with speak recognition.

In terms of parking if you park in the orange lot on the left side of the stadium with Dan Marino Boulevard below youthey will force you to exit to the left there's two exits out of the stadium on the left side if you look at a parking map it's the W sections with orange permits you can either exit out of Dan Marino Boulevard and head west or you will head north on North W. 26th Ave. it will force the left onto Northwest 203 street and it will force you to turn right or go north on NW. 27th Ave. which is also University Drive. If you park on the east side of the stadium in the orange permit lots we have been forced to take the turnpike access and you will either go north or south on the turnpike they do not charge for tolls at this time they let you travel always from the stadium and and they will force you to either exit off the turnpike or pay.we parked in this lot last year and it was brutal to try and exit the stadium we sat still in the parking lot for over an hour just exiting out I think the problem was that people were trying to turn right because I knew that by turning left they would go onto the turnpike and people did not want to enter onto the turnpike but that was the only way they would allow you out of the stadium. My suggestion would would be to park on the west side of stadium in the W sections of the orange permit lot as it's easier to exit from the stadium area.

When buying tickets they do sell or you can buy at the stadium a pass called fan fest tickets, I have done the fan fest events the last few years and they have gotten better each year. They have stands were you can get food or adult beverages they also have some events for the kids like a zip line rock climbing wall as well as a tent to play games on the Xbox or PlayStation. There are also booth set up for different beer manufactures to show you how they make their beers. They have a tent set up for historical items from the Orange bowl the show tickets stubs and helmets from previous games they had an old Georgia Tech pennant. But the absolute best thing about the fan fest is that you can take your picture with the Orange bowl trophy you give them an email address and then you have access to your photo through your email they will also print out one photo for you.The other thing that they do at the fan fest still have a stage and have different bands play music they also have picnic table so that you can eat and listen to the band play. I think the tickets are like $5 or at least that is what I paid for them.

In terms of hotels The last couple times we stayed in Fort Lauderdale. Typically what we do is get up game day drive over to our hotel from Tampa check in rest and then head on down to the game. The main reason we stay north is to cut our drive back to Tampa In half. I will say that once you leave the stadium area in terms of traffic it's not that bad of a drive if you're planning on doing some of the events leading up to the game you may not want to stay north because I think theevents may be held downtown or at least south of the stadium other wise it is not that bad. I think Hotwire.com had some deals that you might want to check out.

I hope this helps if anybody has any questions send them my way I will try to help as much as possible. It might be cool if we did a meet up and did a group photo with the OB trophy.