Heart Of Dallas Bowl added to ACC for 2018

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
You guys sure do give Duke a lot of credit. They haven't had a winning record in the ACC since 2014. This year they play Virginia Tech at home, @Georgia Tech, @Pittsburgh, @Clemson, @Miami. I think they're going to suck wind again. (They also play @Baylor and @Northwestern OOC.)
Duke's typical schedule has indeed been pretty light (kinda like UGA's); HOWEVER, let's not forget that if not for a 3 point loss to us in Atlanta, they'd be 4 - 0 against us the past four seasons - including last year's 43 - 20 humiliation.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Duke's typical schedule has indeed been pretty light (kinda like UGA's); HOWEVER, let's not forget that if not for a 3 point loss to us in Atlanta, they'd be 4 - 0 against us the past four seasons - including last year's 43 - 20 humiliation.
In those 3 losses years i dont know why we have been stuck on 20,20,25 points.

Surely Duke can be out schemed.

Offense needs to make a statement. In 14 after losses to duke and unc - offense stopped sputtering and caught fire w some high scores .

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
In those 3 losses years i dont know why we have been stuck on 20,20,25 points.

Surely Duke can be out schemed.

Offense needs to make a statement. In 14 after losses to duke and unc - offense stopped sputtering and caught fire w some high scores .
Duke has given Georgia Tech a hard game for a long time. Pepper Rodgers was 2-4 against Duke from 1974-1979.

GSOJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I've lived in NC since I was seven, and I HATE losing to Duke. Duke fielded good to excellent football teams until after the early 60s. Now they have Cutcliff, who is an outstanding football coach. He'd probably be coaching at a powerhouse school if not for his heart attack and age. He's a great fit for Duke, and he's been giving us fits. And Duke is supporting Cutcliff and their football program again with money. As others (including CPJ) have noted, the ACC is now a very competitive football conference, and Duke is no longer one of the doormats.