Heads-up to any DirecTV subscribers out there

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
ESPN and other Disney-owned channels have gone dark due to carriage contract dispute. Will probably affect FSU-BC game tomorrow.

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
I have YouTube TV and thinking about Fubo .Please let me know in a couple of months if you still like it.
I feel like we are entering an era where we have to change every few months because deals and contracts keep changing

TampaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I feel like we are entering an era where we have to change every few months because deals and contracts keep changing
That is what I do. I got Peacock for 1 month for the olympics and dropped it immediately. Just reupped Sling Orange with sports extra for football season. Will drop it in February. I just pick and choose depending on what is going on that is of interest.

randerto

Jolly Good Fellow
I dropped DirectTV for Fubo this week. Best decision ever.
I did the same immediately upon not being able to watch the Braves or LSU/USC game last night. FuboTV has both and I'll go with them until they have a similar carrier pissing contest and then probably flip back to DTV or another solution. I moved from YTTV to DTV a while back after YTTV dropped Bally/Braves... Have to be nimble these days as these disputes impact all services at various times...

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Oddly enough, I just added ACCN to my U-Verse package on Saturday so I could watch the game. This after being told I would have ACCN on my original "200" package when I went to the AT & T store and renegotiated some things. Now on Sunday I didn't have it any longer (along with ESPN). I hate AT & T and am following this thread for alternatives.

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
Oddly enough, I just added ACCN to my U-Verse package on Saturday so I could watch the game. This after being told I would have ACCN on my original "200" package when I went to the AT & T store and renegotiated some things. Now on Sunday I didn't have it any longer (along with ESPN). I hate AT & T and am following this thread for alternatives.
There are not words that convey how much I hate ATT...at the moment my area is served by Cox that has an active carriage agreement with both ESPN and Bally...but the clock is ticking...I expect outage next season

brian22

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe the knock on Fubo is the lack of TBS. You miss half the baseball postseason and some of the ncaa tournament. Not sure if this is still the case.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I switched from Comcast to Direct TV streaming for the Braves. Now DTV is dark and I’m missing ACCN, sEcSPN, etc. So infuriating that we are the pawns in their fight for money. Just another layer of BS to not like about sports these days.

gtee91

Jolly Good Fellow
I switched from Comcast to Direct TV streaming for the Braves. Now DTV is dark and I’m missing ACCN, sEcSPN, etc. So infuriating that we are the pawns in their fight for money. Just another layer of BS to not like about sports these days.
Pro football went from Network TV for all to now NFL Net, Amazon, ESPN, Peacock, and maybe Apple. Pretty soon you will have to buy a different stream every week.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
There are not words that convey how much I hate ATT...at the moment my area is served by Cox that has an active carriage agreement with both ESPN and Bally...but the clock is ticking...I expect outage next season
I doubt if you hate AT&T/DirecTV more than I do. They have a fraudulent mode of operation where an agent will agree to terms in a chat but the billing department bills at another rate. I have documented proof of printouts where this has happened to me on several occasions. And the billing department ignores all attempts to air my complaint by phone, email, or letter. I have even gone to an AT&T store and the agent told me they do not handle AT&T internet/TV matters.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
I doubt if you hate AT&T/DirecTV more than I do. They have a fraudulent mode of operation where an agent will agree to terms in a chat but the billing department bills at another rate. I have documented proof of printouts where this has happened to me on several occasions. And the billing department ignores all attempts to air my complaint by phone, email, or letter. I have even gone to an AT&T store and the agent told me they do not handle AT&T internet/TV matters.
Although I was employed by AT&T (business services, not consumer side) for the latter part of my career, I can sympathize with your position. I’ve had to call them many times to get billing issues straightened out.

Many of you already know the recent history of the company. There was a distinct culture change in 2007 when AT&T (actually the former SWB Telco) merged with BellSouth where I was employed, and not for the better. The current senior management has made some idiotic business decisions – buying DirecTV in 2015 just as streaming was starting to take off, although AT&T already had an in-house developed linear TV service. Then partially divesting DirecTV in 2021 – spinning it off into a separate entity so they could get a venture cap outfit to take an equity stake.

AT&T still does combined bills for DirecTV but no longer provides customer support for it – that’s probably why you won’t get any help at an AT&T store. The stores are in the business of selling cellular phone service and hardware.

Edit to add: AT&T's fiber internet service works well, is competitively priced, and has been rock solid for me. Of course, I had a billing issue when I first got it.