HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
from an ESPN article about the Panthers, "Wilks didn't waste any time making changes to Rhule's practice routine, turning Wednesday into a padded workout instead of Thursday with the hope of creating tempo for a team that has started slowly in each game during a 1-4 start."

Walker (QB PJ) called the energy "elite.''

I just couldn't help it....:sick:

Interesting. I know he's been successful at the college level but that type of insight makes me want to 'rhule' him out. (couldn't help myself)

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
I hear you and understand the appeal.
However, I’m having trouble blocking out the memory of our last up and coming superstar coach from another coastal Carolina region school in a non p5 conference.
Difference is that Lewis had only one winning season. Chadwell has won everywhere he's coached.

bigrabbit

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah they are all exactly the
Difference is that Lewis had only one winning season. Chadwell has won everywhere he's coached.
Except 3-7 at Delta State before going to Charleston Southern where he did well (although Big South, seriously completely different level of football).
How does all that translate to HC at P5 level? Who knows, but I understand why he has fans on here.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
What hiring an assistant over Chadwell would be like.

Attachments

• A8407FC8-3075-4C50-8CCD-6CA475D1E75F.gif
    A8407FC8-3075-4C50-8CCD-6CA475D1E75F.gif
    836.5 KB · Views: 59

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Let’s offer him a 3 year deal with a lot of incentives. Then renew it in 2 years if he wins. Maybe if he doesn’t have an agent, we can save 2%….😂😂😂
There is no reason why we cant offer a 7 year contract. BUT there should be staggered clauses for performance that would reduce the yearly payout to basicly nothing. ie 2 years of 3 wins or less and the contract is canceled. 4 wins is X 5 wins is Y. Maybe those dont kick in until year 3 or something.

VRTechFan

Georgia Tech Fan
Watching Tennessee beat Alabama yesterday was confirmation that an offensive scheme is what Georgia Tech needs to compete against the football powerhouses. CPJ had a scheme and he was very successful and competitive. Our new head coach needs to either have a unique scheme like Heupel or Chadwell or bring in an OC that is creative and can give us an advantage. Just my two cents.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You guys lack some understanding of how much leverage a talented head coach has. The only head coaches you are going to woo to the flats with these insane, unorthodox, skeptical contract suggestions are the absolute dregs, bottom-of-the-barrel type guys (i.e. Geoff Collins 2.0; doubt you want that).

Chadwell ain't signing on the dotted line if J Batt tells him he needs to earn the red carpet. Other programs are already rolling it out for him and giving him lots of support on Day 1 to build a championship program.