HC Candidate/Rumors/Info Thread

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
USF choosing between Chadwell and Deion. Cincinnati looking at Deion, Hartline, and Tom Herman. Meanwhile we are looking at Fritz and Key. Smh.
The rumored contract for Deion in that tweet is almost what we paid Collins, Thacker, and Long. Unless someone ponied up, we aren't exactly paying what it takes for top of the market talent.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Service academies actually play by slightly different rules. One is that there isn’t a class size limit. Another is that they’re visiting more high schools than just about everyone. If someone was in your school to talk about West Point, they were also looking for football and baseball players and other athletes

They also have the best greyshirt program in the nation. If you are borderline academically, you can get a free year at the prep school where you will also play on the prep squad and practice and develop, and if you pass academically, you are automatically enrolled in the next class year.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Wait ... so I can't comment until something real happens?

Gold Rush Wtf GIF by Discovery
Has that ever stopped you before? 😋

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
USF choosing between Chadwell and Deion. Cincinnati looking at Deion, Hartline, and Tom Herman. Meanwhile we are looking at Fritz and Key. Smh.

Folks claiming the AD "dropped the ball" need to observe the money being tossed around for top candidates. Then they need to recognize GT doesn't swim in those waters and, for the most part, it's because we don't collectively give enough.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Folks claiming the AD "dropped the ball" need to observe the money being tossed around for top candidates. Then they need to recognize GT doesn't swim in those waters and, for the most part, it's because we don't collectively give enough.

This was a point I made about why spending 3 mil to fire Collins early wasn't worth it because we could have spent that money on maybe luring a better coach. Of course now I'll be told we couldn't wait until January to make a change from someone who thinks that the language in Collins contract wasn't completely normal.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I'll go with the uncertainty of it all. And probably Key not getting the job, right away, but he still might....

Ah hell, think I'll throw my hat in the Swarm transfer portal. I'm as uncertain as McCollum is.
"...think I'll throw my hat in the Swarm transfer portal." Boy, you keep that up and you will end up at The Hive with no scholarship.