Haynes Kings needs to develop _____ during the offseason take the next step as a QB?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
We have a DOG at QB. And in that dog we have one that wants to lead the pack. I bet he is his number one critic. That is a very good thing. I see a guy who will not stop working to fix any mistake he can. With that and the roster around him I see another great season. I am not concerned with our offense this year, I am just hopeful we get a defense that will put him in a good spot to showcase his talent.
I like to think of him more as a yellowjacket, who will lead his swarm.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I am to easy to please. I would take a repeat of 2023 in a heartbeat and hope to see slight improvement. He has tremendous heart and definitely fights to win.
Get an average defense on this team and one more really good RB, and most of the nit-picks of last year’s performance fall by the wayside. I think the bowl game shows that. Our defense came to play and our running game dominated and King didn’t have to over perform or get outside of himself to bail the team out.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Get an average defense on this team and one more really good RB, and most of the nit-picks of last year’s performance fall by the wayside. I think the bowl game shows that. Our defense came to play and our running game dominated and King didn’t have to over perform or get outside of himself to bail the team out.
This is pretty close to what I think also, at times last year he tried to do too much and forced some throws. I met him at the Bowl Game Pep Rally, he was personable and seemed to be a smart kid, just the type of qualities you want to lead your team.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
He got beat up some running in the bowl game (and a couple others), i’d love to not have to depend on his legs quite so much. That being said, this season it seemed like his success running opened up everything else on offense.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
We have a DOG at QB. And in that dog we have one that wants to lead the pack. I bet he is his number one critic. That is a very good thing. I see a guy who will not stop working to fix any mistake he can. With that and the roster around him I see another great season. I am not concerned with our offense this year, I am just hopeful we get a defense that will put him in a good spot to showcase his talent.
Agreed. I think our offense will be as good as any in the country (absolutely wild to say, considering what we have looked like in previous years) . The season will be completely up to our defense

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
He got beat up some running in the bowl game (and a couple others), i’d love to not have to depend on his legs quite so much. That being said, this season it seemed like his success running opened up everything else on offense.
Sharing some of the run hits with Pyron would help.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Cut down interceptions is the obvious answer, but I’ll go further to say that he tends to throw them in chunks right now. He can’t let one bad throw snowball into three interceptions and cost us the game. This happened a few times.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
…and to be fair, the dude had one of the best seasons any Tech QB has ever had, so it’s so much a criticism as just a way to get even better.

TechPhi97

Ramblin' Wreck
Maybe I am to easy to please. I would take a repeat of 2023 in a heartbeat and hope to see slight improvement. He has tremendous heart and definitely fights to win.
I don't think this thread is about complaining, I honestly think it's about the small things that could move King into elite, draftable status. I think everyone agrees with your statement about his heart / fight / will to win. He's got great intangibles, and if he continues to develop our offense is going to be really good next year.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Decision making and accuracy. Especially under pressure. His passing stats fell off a good bit after a red hot start. Once teams got film they started to make things more difficult for him disguising defenses and bringing more pressure. They will have an entire offseason to study him now. The chess match will get tougher. Rushing wise, he needs to just keep doing what he is doing. That is the key to our offense at times.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I was curious as to what the general option is of the fan base is for King during the offseason and Spring practice to further his game and QB development for next Fall?
He had a fantastic season and is poised to continue to grow. It’s a shame that right now he is not getting the recognition in the sports media to be discussed as a top tier Heisman trophy candidate nor given the proper recognition for his accomplishments this year. It will be interesting to see if the marketing and media side of GT step it up to campaign and make a push for King to gain more recognition in regards to QB awards along with Heisman Trophy candidate campaign or of that is even in King or Key’s best interest to spot light a player and single him out for individual awards.
I guess it could be a catch 22. On one side you want future high profile recruits to see that it’s possible to be considered/recognized for being one of the best at your position. Then on the other hand you don’t want it to change the cohesive nature of the “team approach” and cater to athletes who are enamored with HUGE NIL packages and placing themselves above everyone else?
You guys are all wrong. What Haynes needs to work on is making friends...really close friends with his offensive line. Buy them dinner, get them girlfriends, do whatever it takes but they are the ones who will determine how dirty your uniform gets. The cleaner, the better.