Haynes King Update: How Do We Feel About Him?

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks like he could be the best passing QB at GT since the GOL days. Which isn’t a super high bar actually so I’ll go a bit further and say he looks upper level for the conference. 1 mistake today that didn’t turn into an int in the endzone but nothing too egregious yet, and we haven’t moved the ball this well through the air in decades. Under 200ypg passing for the last four years, if we can keep that at 300+ this season it’ll make for a much more fun team to watch.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Looks like he could be the best passing QB at GT since the GOL days. Which isn’t a super high bar actually so I’ll go a bit further and say he looks upper level for the conference. 1 mistake today that didn’t turn into an int in the endzone but nothing too egregious yet, and we haven’t moved the ball this well through the air in decades. Under 200ypg passing for the last four years, if we can keep that at 300+ this season it’ll make for a much more fun team to watch.
First time in a while we've had a QB who could hit a crossing WR/TE/RB in the hands & not over/underthrow. Or force the ball into 2x/3x coverage. Or "hit the open DB."

Can see why King won the job.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
HK is the real deal. Looks great with time (SCST) but also has the ability to bail us out of trouble (Louisville game). I have seen a couple instances where he doesn’t know to throw away the ball but if we are losing games this season, it will be the front 7 on defense more than HK.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Haynes King is a top 3 QB in the ACC and I said earlier this off season our WRs would be difference makers. Every guy at WR is electric these guys by the end of the year will be something special to watch