Haynes King Update: How Do We Feel About Him?

JacketFan137

Banned
Yep. Also blackburn back as another big target. I do want him to be a little more committed to running when things break down he has the aaron rodgers mobility that extends drives.
yeah i have been wanting this since week 1. me and my dad have thought he should have tucked a lot of these balls and took off and even commentators are saying it. hope he figures out the right balance cause he’s quick

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Fixed it for you, but I think everyone understood.

Does a spike count as a pass attempt?
I blame voice to text and me not doing a good check. You are correct, should have been "an incompletions".

Regarding the spike counting as an incompletion, that is my understanding of how the ruling goes. If it was a run, it would have been a fumble in the clock would keep running and then you risk the possible loss of possession instead of stopping the clock.
Similar to taking a knee being a negative yardage rush, usually assigned to "team".

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Haynes King is a great talent and has all the tools to be a Top ACC QB but currently he does need more help for sure to take pressure off the passing game to do EVERYTHING. The running attack has to get better in the bye week it don't have to be dominant but you got to get to the point where is semi-productive and respectable. Jamal Haynes is great tool and weapon but not the type of running back you want to hand ball off too 20 times a game and not the type that's gonna get tough yards when line is stacked. Cooley is too indecisive at times instead of just hitting a hole and driving forward we will really need D. Smith or Felix/Evan to get in there and pick it up and a little more push from the O-line. Defense's currently seem to basically figured out right now don't respect play-action/roll-outs because they don't respect the run stay back and cut off alot of King ability's to drive balls deep into intermediate and deep routes. They are forcing King to work in middle of field and continue to throw thru thick traffic which limits our WRs who have some talent in YAC and also force greater turnover chances.

I would like to see us run some two back sets with different personnel. Such as Benson or Leonard create a lead blocker on the dive. FSU has done this when they struggled running the ball

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
I thought H King ran full speed several times and it really looked good. He ran for daylight and turned it on. In past games I thought he often was giving too much wiggle and he looked awkward and somewhat indecisive and slow. I hope he is watching his own tape.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
Momentum is fuzzy because it’s so easy to ignore counter examples.

GT finally broke through and found the end zone on offense, then did it again and took the lead… then suddenly couldn’t move the ball and had to settle for a FG.

Then got behind and couldn’t get the lead back… then suddenly pulled it out in the last second.

Wild ups and downs.

Confidence and the mental game is a thing for sure, but I think it’s often over diagnosed.

JacketFan137

Banned

GT finally broke through and found the end zone on offense, then did it again and took the lead… then suddenly couldn’t move the ball and had to settle for a FG.

Then got behind and couldn’t get the lead back… then suddenly pulled it out in the last second.

Wild ups and downs.

Confidence and the mental game is a thing for sure, but I think it’s often over diagnosed.
i feel like it’s a big thing for younger teams and college teams in general.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Wild ups and downs.

We’re fans. By definition we have NO CLUE what will happen next (or why).

Won’t stop us from posting though 😀

alagold

Helluva Engineer
True…but he’s a weapon.

He is fast but to menot especially so based on this season.Maybe the injuries have slowed him. Oddly uM Van Dyke running down Jaylon King after his int was pretty impressive(actually disappointing to me).But THE guy who really looks super fast is the LSU QB.I think he ran for 100+ yds this wk.

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I really like King for his play style but even more as a representative of a tech man. Clear concise thoughts presented humbly in any scenario. Full ownership of mistakes, shared glory in success. He seems like he was raised extremely well and has thorough understanding of where he’s at and where he needs to be.
I’ll be the first to say I wasn’t sure about the decision for him over Pyron because I had many of the same praises for the red headed slinger. But he has proven to a huge asset for the team that I’ll be sad to see go one day, regardless of who is behind him. I think Pyron will have his name at Tech as well. But I look forward to looking back on the King era, as I believe it will be a fruitful one.