Have you ever randomly met any GT athletes/coaches?

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Ran into Nick Claytor (OT, 2007-2011) in October 2019 in little five points. He stopped watching the GT - Miami game because it was looking bad so I got to give him the good news!
All state player from Gainesville. Man, that guy looked every inch what an offensive lineman should look like. He made a key block on Dwyer's long run to open the second half in that comeback against UGA in 2008.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
SWMBO and I ran into Trevor Lawrence at Krog Street Market not too long after the 2020 National Championship Game. We were wearing our LSU jerseys (born and raised down there) but he was nice as could be. Stopped and chatted with us, was there with his old HS buds from Cartersville.

Oh, this thread is for GT players and coaches? Well, we had lunch one afternoon with Paul Hewitt and his assistant coaches the year before they went to the NCAA Final Four. We bid for it in a silent auction and won it. Was a fun meal, learned some of the realities of college basketball then.

Oh, and we see Coleman Rudolph every 6 months. (He's our financial advisor.)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wish I can meet coach Johnson. He’s the coach of my childhood. That 08-09 group with Dwyer, Nesbitt, Bay Bay, D-Mo, Burnett, etc was awesome. 2014 was magical as well. People hate on him too much, and I’m happy he’s in the hall.
I helped Todd Spencer (gt ol coach and recruiter) w some texas coach contacts . For the orange bowl he arranged for my purchase a couple of great seats along w 12 end zone upper deck seats. We all nearly froze to death. I kept the good seats near dwyer and coaches wives. Iowa gave Gt a rough go except for some really great plays by Dwyer and Burnett. On those plays we wildly celebrated with the families.
The coaches and players families hear a lot of negativity so when there is success they really let loose.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
My best one is with Bobby Cremins. He was playing in the group behind us in a golf charity tourney. He was not a good golfer - I'm worse - but that is not important. There was a par 3 that with a hole-in-one you won a convertible sitting to the right of the green. Bobby precedes to hit a slice shot and the ball lands on the fly in the car and bounces around in the interior before ending up on the seat. We gave him total unmitigated crap that you don't win the car by hitting your ball in the car- you need to shoot for the hole. He was laughing as hard as we were.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I’ve ran into more than I can remember. Some that I can recall quickly:

Bobby Cremmins, Paul Johnson, Tony Hollings, Brian Oliver, Luke Schenscher, Dennis Scott, Brian Domalik, Sean Gregory, Jamal Golden, Joe Hamilton, Tony Zenon, Malcom Mackey

One thing that has been common with every encounter is how nice all of these guys were and happy to talk anything Tech.

TheDanielHordShow

Helluva Engineer
I was running down the halls of Georgia State, turned the corner and ran straight into an older fella. It was the current(at the time) head coach of Georgia State, Bill Curry. I apologized and he laughed it off and said “that was a strong hit. You want to play linebacker?”
I have so much respect for coach curry. Just a great all around Tech man.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
My memory sucks so I forgot this one, but I did meet Roddy at a basketball game a couple weeks after the 2008 win over ugag. He and another football player (don't remember who) were holding up signs inside AMC for some sort of fundraiser (maybe the toy drive?) and I stopped and talked to him a bit. SUPER nice guy who made some time me when he really didn't have to.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I had to sit and think about everyone for a little bit. Also have a fun one.

Calvin - ran into him after a game back when he was a freshman at GT. He was leaving and my uncle and I basically walked into him. Very nice guy.
I hate I didn't ask for an autograph.

Zeek Biggers - sat next to me during one of the spring games before coming to GT. Kid really is a massive human being.

Joe Hamilton - He was over at J.R. Crickets the old one across from the Varsity. He was very nice.

Jeff Sims & Family - Ran into him after the UVA game. His dad was giving him an earful about something. We said good game and kept walking.

Kyle Kennard - Saw him at the North GA State Fair. I asked, "What's the good word?!", he replied....."To HELL with georgia!".

Jalen Huff - randomly talk to him sometimes.

Keion White - He originally was going to be our wedding officiant. He got his certificate and is an ordained minister. I sent him a message on instagram and he was ready to roll. His recent takeoff in draft status has changed things and won't be able to attend our wedding in May.

AJ Gray - He and I play Madden from time to time. He's a good dude.

TaQuon Marshall - He and I were in a Madden league together and would play time to time.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Saw this guy with white hair at a Georgia Southern basketball game when his son was on staff there. Not too many there recognized him, but I was too nervous to go up to him, although every other time I've met him he's been more than gracious.
20190112_164439.jpg

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This will date me. I knew Kin King in high school and played against him twice. He was bigger then anybody on our DL. I remember him throwing a pass in one of our games with two of our guys hanging on him. Completed it too.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I helped Todd Spencer (gt ol coach and recruiter) w some texas coach contacts . For the orange bowl he arranged for my purchase a couple of great seats along w 12 end zone upper deck seats. We all nearly froze to death. I kept the good seats near dwyer and coaches wives. Iowa gave Gt a rough go except for some really great plays by Dwyer and Burnett. On those plays we wildly celebrated with the families.
The coaches and players families hear a lot of negativity so when there is success they really let loose.
Yep, wife amdI wee at that OB.Maybe never been colder in my life.Almost at top of stafium with 25 mph winds and then LOSE.So sweet in'14 vs Ms St and it was 70 degrees.