Has it ever been done before?

Deleted member 2897

Has any college basketball team beaten Duke, North Carolina, and Kentucky in the same season?

And we get the quad-facts. We beat them all and are only prognosticated as a bubble team LOLOLOL.

Deleted member 2897

We beat Kentucky, North Carolina, Duke, Syracuse, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Notre Dame...

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Good research. What if you add another blue blood, Syracuse?

Cuse isn't traditionally considered a blue blood. The blue bloods, as I have always understood it, were Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, and UCLA

The thing is when you keep tacking on teams because it becomes more about even playing them rather than beating them.

UL and ND could both do it this year if they catch UNC in the ACCT.

Some others Ive found.

OSU last year beat Kentucky, UNC, and Indiana.

16-17 Sparty lost to Duke, Kentucky, UNC, and Indiana.

04-05 sparty played Duke, Kentucky, and UNC back to back to back in the NCAAAT beating Duke and Kentucky and losing to UNC. They also beat UCLA that year for 3 blue bloods. They lost their only game to indiana though. Didn't play Kansas. They went to OT against indiana. Might be closest to beating 4.

03-04 Sparty played and lost to Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, and UCLA. They beat Indiana that year. So they played 5 in back to back years.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Cuse isn't traditionally considered a blue blood. The blue bloods, as I have always understood it, were Duke, UNC, Kansas, Kentucky, Indiana, and UCLA

The thing is when you keep tacking on teams because it becomes more about even playing them rather than beating them.

UL and ND could both do it this year if they catch UNC in the ACCT.

Some others Ive found.

OSU last year beat Kentucky, UNC, and Indiana.

16-17 Sparty lost to Duke, Kentucky, UNC, and Indiana.

04-05 sparty played Duke, Kentucky, and UNC back to back to back in the NCAAAT beating Duke and Kentucky and losing to UNC. They also beat UCLA that year for 3 blue bloods. They lost their only game to indiana though. Didn't play Kansas. They went to OT against indiana. Might be closest to beating 4.

03-04 Sparty played and lost to Kentucky, Duke, Kansas, and UCLA. They beat Indiana that year. So they played 5 in back to back years.
So to summarize, basketball powers are "bluebloods" and traditionally that would be Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Kansas, Indiana, and UCLA. Football powers are "factories" then and are somewhat more fluid but currently consist of Ohio State, UGA, Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame Clemson, and Oklahoma with a horde of wannabes in hot pursuit including Florida, Auburn, Texas, Texas A&M, FSU, Miami, among others. The one commonality of both groups is that they all cheat like crazy and may as well be semi pros. If Tech could be one or the other, but not both, which would we rather be? Personally, I could not stand the stench of being associated with any of them and would opt out but others may differ.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
blue bloods are like royality. They might be competent. They maybe blubbering doofuses. But they are blue bloods by virtue of their name. But no matter how brilliant, good looking, and charismatic I may be I will never be royalty. Factories are more like capitalist business moguls where often they have some degree of familial lineage backing up the standing, but anyone in theory can become a factory by amassing money and spending it and acting like one.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
So to summarize, basketball powers are "bluebloods" and traditionally that would be Kentucky, UNC, Duke, Kansas, Indiana, and UCLA. Football powers are "factories" then and are somewhat more fluid but currently consist of Ohio State, UGA, Alabama, LSU, Notre Dame Clemson, and Oklahoma with a horde of wannabes in hot pursuit including Florida, Auburn, Texas, Texas A&M, FSU, Miami, among others. The one commonality of both groups is that they all cheat like crazy and may as well be semi pros. If Tech could be one or the other, but not both, which would we rather be? Personally, I could not stand the stench of being associated with any of them and would opt out but others may differ.
We actually had a thread and poll to answer:

What is a "Blue Blood"?