Hackney Diamonds

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
My wife bought it for me. It is the best Rolling Stones album since Exile on Main Street. Imho, of course, though a lot fo critics back me up. The main thing, however, is that the thing came out and even at 80 (Jagger), 79 (Richards and with arthritis) and 75 (Wood) these people are still out there rocking the house. And, wait, there's more! Jagger says that the session has enough new material for a second album but they need to polish the work up.

Btw, hackney diamonds is London slang for the glass fragments you see on the street after somebody's car is broken into. Great title.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I will have to give it a listen. While not a huge Stones fan, I have always wondered what keeps people like the Stones or Buddy Guy (recent album) or Willie Nelson (who is 90 and has a recent album) keep on keeping on when they could have called it quits a long time ago and been both HOF'ers AND financially st up for life.

It's the same with golf. there are people who can come out and pick up a couple of majors quickly (Rory and Spieth come to mind) and then there's Jack and Tiger...who do that and then keep on doing that for a long time.

Coaching? Look at Saban and Bellicek. they accomplished all that they needed to a long time ago...then kept on pushing and adding to their resumes.

Those who achieve greatness and then sustain it for a long time are an absolutely fascinating breed of human imo.