Gus Malzahn

Lavoisier

Ramblin' Wreck
Auburn's offense really needs both an elite QB and RB to run for whatever reason, and that is just not sustainable in football. Kerryon Johnson was amazing last year and after he got hurt against Alabama, the offense looked dead against UGA and even UCF. I don't think they have a guy like that this year. Tre Mason and Michael Dyer don't get enough credit for 2013 and 2010 because everyone remembers how good the QBs were.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn reminds me of CPJ in a way. Unorthodox offense in P5 school, except Malzahn is at a school that recruits itself. They are going to finish in the top 15 (in recruiting) every year no matter what. I honestly think his offense hurts them in recruiting but they get enough elite talent there for it to work. PJ would probably win 9-11 games a year at Auburn, but he’s at a school that doesn’t recruit itself. That’s why I think it’s not a good match for us anymore.

Hard to speculate but if we ran a more NFL transitional offense, you never know. Fromm, Fields, Lawrence, Hockman all came from the state of GA the past 2 years and we may have had a really good chance at landing one of them.