Guard Development

slugboy

Staff member
o_O
AD has gone from low Major to ACC contributor in his time here.

Banks never saw the court at Texas and is now second in the ACC in blocks.

Ben ****ing Lammers

Not all the big men have upleveled their games by the same amount. If you see how many other teams haven’t built skills with their players, then getting as many hits as we’ve had is impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
o_O

Ben ****ing Lammers

I think our bigs, especially Lammers, give evidence that Reveno can coach. Since I didn't see Banks play before this year, it's hard to say if he has developed or not, but there have certainly been flashes. I have to say, though, when I see him I don't automatically think of a former Top-100 recruit in his third year of college basketball.

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
Let's be brutally honest. This is one of the worst shooting teams in the history of Ga Tech. I'll say something nice - they play good defense and they try to distribute the ball. However they cannot shoot and I don't believe any amount of coaching would help it. It is the #1 problem for this team. Some guys can shoot - Dennis Scott, Mark Price, Marvin Lewis, Elder - I don't believe colleges coaches taught them how to shoot - they just could.

In the era of slashing and the glorification of dunking, pure jump shooting has become a lost art. You see the big guys sitting out along the perimeter (3 point arc) wanting the ball so they can heave up an ugly, ugly shot rather than using size to their advantage. Sjolund is the best pure shooter we have on the team, but he doen't create his shot. He needs space to get it off. We don't get fouls because we seldom initiate contact to force them to foul. What can be done about it......I don't know, but one thing for sure is that the offensive strategy probably won't change unless we were to get a talent similar to a Zion Williams that would force change in order to take advantage of a certain skill set.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
o_O

Ben ****ing Lammers

I agree Reveno has done a good job with our bigs. Unfortunately, it's such a guard-driven game that his efforts are basically being wasted if we don't improve in that area.

That's probably why it shouldn't be surprising if someone doesn't see his impact.