GTWBB 2022 (Off-season thread)

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tuesday, May 31-

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not sure what I admire more, her talent or her work ethic?

Maybe I relate to her passion, because I felt the same way about baseball. I played organized ball from four years of age through college. Captained every team I was on, even during Freshmen years. Being a righty, I started swinging the bat left-handed when I was seven. In the dark at 2 a.m, or tossing the ball up to myself in a field. Then I got a coach to pitch to me. Soon enough I tried it in a game when we were way ahead. The confidence grew and I became legit.

Nicole is legit and she’s got great parents. So envious, but happy for her.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
On the Hive, a thread titled “GT Commitments” has some interesting tweets from Dan Melious and Shane Laflin of ESPNW. Daddy Dan is a little upset concerning Nicole not being ranked, avoidance from Slithering Shane by him disliking AAU camps that are not his own. My handle is kjmc15 on that site. I didn’t start the fire(as Billy Joel Martin once penned into a song), but I do outline the rift in a post or two or three.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I think every college athlete on this board has an appreciation and admiration for this woman's work ethic. I know I wish I had that when I was her age. It took me far longer to realize the ingredients for success. She will be successful. I hope she suits up for GT because I am impressed with Nell and think she is building an incredible program here.

I only wish we could do the same on the men's side.

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't wait to see Melious playing here. She seems to have a great attitude and work ethic and no doubt will be successful. She's got a 2025 AAU teammate we should be recruiting too (Jordanna Schrecker). That girl can ball too.