#GTvsWF MEDIA

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I might be crazy for saying this but this feels like a must win game Saturday.
I don’t necessarily disagree with this, but we have a lot of football to play. Barring key injuries, I suspect we will be competitive in every game we play this season. Sooner or later, the D will make some timely plays and we’ll win a couple that we “shouldn’t.”
I’m looking at the first possession of the third quarter for each unit this week. In both losses, the third quarter started with lackluster offense and the D giving up scores. We have not matched our opponent’s intensity / focus coming out of the locker room. If we can fix that, we will change the complexion of our season tremendously.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
I've always liked Dave Clawson, and this press conference just reinforces that. He's a good, solid, grounded coach who takes a reasonable approach to most things. Not flashy, not the type of coach that will get the snippet on College GameDay like Mike Leach or Mike Gundy - just a coach's coach. He and Willie Fritz share some of the same characteristics in my mind - not flashy, but do very solid work, particularly with (by all appearances) underadvantaged programs.

His comments on redshirting were interesting to me. Something I haven't thought of, but makes me wonder if we'll start to see fewer redshirts at Tech as the transfers continue to heat up.

JacketFan137

Banned
I might be crazy for saying this but this feels like a must win game Saturday.
absolutely is. going 1-3 would really sap a lot of momentum and this wake team isn’t exactly a major test compared to some of our opponents coming up. our bowl future probably depends on winning this game unless we are able to pull off a miracle vs clemson or uga

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I dunno where else to put this, so I’ll just ask here…where’s Andre White? Forgive me if I’ve missed it, but I haven’t seen him at LB yet. Is he injured or just not in the 2 deep? I thought he was gonna be one of the dudes before the season.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
absolutely is. going 1-3 would really sap a lot of momentum and this wake team isn’t exactly a major test compared to some of our opponents coming up. our bowl future probably depends on winning this game unless we are able to pull off a miracle vs clemson or uga
For the first time in a while, I don’t think beating Clemson or UGA will take anything approaching a miracle. We need to play better, but barring major attrition, I expect to play close with both and have a shot.
We certainly still need a win Saturday.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member