#GTvsMIA Schadenfreude

slugboy

Staff member
Busch Beer GIF by Busch

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Couldn't happen to a better fanbase:(
One of them did make an observation that I had not realized. This guy posted that Miami has had four games since 2000 or so in which they were double digit favorites and lost three of them and won one of them by three points. Someone else pointed out that this whole problem with Georgia Tech began in 2005 when Miami had just beaten handily a number 5 Virginia Tech team and was ranked number 3 when Tech pulled an upset that sent them into a tailspin. IIWII

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
A couple of nuggests...

texas2089

9 hr. ago
10000% on brand for Georgia Tech to **** the bed against Bowling Green and then knock off Miami a week later. You can take the Yellow Jackets out the Coastal but you can’t take Coastal Chaos out the Yellow Jackets!

mathwrath55

9 hr. ago
Miami (FL) > Miami (OH) 38-3

Miami (OH) > Bowling Green 27-0

Bowling Green > Georgia Tech 38-27

Georgia Tech beats Miami 23-20.

Make it make sense!
That math just don't work!! 😆

Those are both great.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
I was watching the pregame on the ACCN somewhat halfheartedly. Seems like they were talking to an "old school" Cane, maybe Edgerrin James? Anyway, I thought he said something along the lines of "we (Miami) were doing NIL long before it was even a thing' or wtte. The whole cast of the pregame show laughed. I wasn't quite sure if I heard it correctly. Would love to know if anyone else heard this and/or can correct me.

Also, props to Coach Mark Richt. His alma mater just lost a heart breaker in a crushing manner, and he was unabashedly pissed off about it on the postgame show. I thought it was refreshingly honest for a paid talking head.
You heard James' comment correctly.

Also, you are dead on right the Richt was "refreshingly honest" in the post game comments.

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
2005 spurned some very honest “how can that happen??” comments too, but more just about the opponent. At this point Miami should be much more used to losing to GT, even if not like that.

Between this and 2005 and 2008 in particular there have been some very satisfying ACC games against Da U after the first one in 2004.

Ramble1885

Helluva Engineer

bhoffman123

Georgia Tech Fan
I was watching the pregame on the ACCN somewhat halfheartedly. Seems like they were talking to an "old school" Cane, maybe Edgerrin James? Anyway, I thought he said something along the lines of "we (Miami) were doing NIL long before it was even a thing' or wtte. The whole cast of the pregame show laughed. I wasn't quite sure if I heard it correctly. Would love to know if anyone else heard this and/or can correct me.

Also, props to Coach Mark Richt. His alma mater just lost a heart breaker in a crushing manner, and he was unabashedly pissed off about it on the postgame show. I thought it was refreshingly honest for a paid talking head.
No, in the ACCN pregame he was being asked why would Miami ever have problems recruiting. The Miami guy said that other schools were doing NIL before NIL was a thing. He said why would players want to stay @ Miami when they could go get paid at some other school.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

this will give y'all some chuckles
OMG F****** G** D*** CRISTOBAL AND THE REFS???????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

TooTall

Helluva Engineer

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow

this will give y'all some chuckles
Wow. Of course it’s easy to laugh at this guy, but you also have to feel sorry for him. He is seriously deranged (and even more seriously delusional). If I ever get this bad, please arrange a cyber-intervention!

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I love it when an FSU fan says GT is the devil, they pull s#$%^ like this all the time. Can this propel our mental attitude to a different place that we now start the upswing to our program? We'll see.