#GTvsMIA Postgame

Southern psu fan

Jolly Good Fellow
That is precisely what I was thinking that it was very similar to the "Miracle on Techwood" in 2015 but actually this one was more miraculous. Miami had twice as many yards and nearly double the first downs with a sizable advantage in time of possession but squandered every bit of it with stupid penalties, dumb coaching decisions and five turnovers. Once again, Da U is not back and once again Tech continues its tradition of ruining someone's season in some of the strangest ways imaginable. IIWII
Miami is fast and has some good athletes and Brent Key has this team finding ways to win. You don’t keep taking a team on the road like Key has and getting wins by accident CK is doing an excellent job on keeping this team focused and fighting like hell for every win they get. That defense is the defense we watched last year, not a great defense with NFL talent but a defense where somebody steps up in crunch time and make a play to help win a football game. Heisman Ghost, we watched a team last night that smelled blood after somebody on defense stepped up and made a play baby….how sweet it is 🐝😁

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think he most likely had possession when his elbow touched the ground. However, the call on the field was a fumble. To overturn it, you have to have absolute evidence that it was not a fumble. You can see that the ball was stripped out after the elbow touched the ground. However, the video does not show that he had firm possession of it before it was pulled out. If there was a better camera angle, then maybe the call on the field could be overturned, but you need video that shows the ball in firm possession and not slipping when his elbow touched the ground. That video is not available, at least in what they showed on TV.
Yeah, I think that’s right. The ball did not look secure prior to the elbow hitting and in real time the refs thought they saw movement. You can’t overturn a call like that without irrefutable evidence.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This post aged pretty well.
Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Have read all the posts, so anything already said, too bad.

Kudos to the D for getting turnovers AND more importantly making open field tackles.

To the dramatic naysayers, in the chat during the game, simply admit being over the top and come enjoy the VICTORY over Miami last night.

The possibile trick play on 2nd and 2 with Pyron, WT* happened?

Regarding the run play instead of taking a knee, supposedly Chaney was at 99 yards and maybe Cristobal wanted him to clear 100. The good news for Chaney is he did... the good news for GT is that he was stripped of the ball and we recovered!!!!

The last three GT offensive plays, not including the PAT, 😀😀😁

The taking the knee instead of going for the extra point was to prevent it possibly being blocked, run back for a safety, then us having to give them the ball with limited time left in an opportunity to score. Good move by the coaches there, imo.

And a quick wrapup on the last play of the game, thank you KO team for staying disciplined enough to not let Miami pull a miracle play.

Go Jackets!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
And a quick wrapup on the last play of the game, thank you KO team for staying disciplined enough to not let Miami pull a miracle play.

Go Jackets!

I am not going to lie, I was extremely nervous during that last 10 seconds when the play was unfolding. I kept expecting the U's marching band to parade out onto the field to set a pick,

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
I stopped watching after they went up 20-17 and driving with 40 something left. I laid down and was watching the score on my phone. I was in the “Well we played much better than I expected so this loss is not that bad.” camp. Then I see the score suddenly change to 23-20. So elated!!’

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We were handed a win. Made a play when it mattered, but a serious blunder resulted in a win. We were man handled all night.
i somewhat disagree. I thought in the second half, our D line showed up and took away their run game a bit. It seemed like we were getting push and penetration. In the first half it seemed like they were always getting 5 yards on first down. We always talk about halftime adjustments (or lack thereof). I felt like we were a different team defensively after halftime. Thier DL won the battle against our O line granted. I thought BG man handles us more than Miami did tbh.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
i somewhat disagree. I thought in the second half, our D line showed up and took away their run game a bit. It seemed like we were getting push and penetration. In the first half it seemed like they were always getting 5 yards on first down. We always talk about halftime adjustments (or lack thereof). I felt like we were a different team defensively after halftime. Thier DL won the battle against our O line granted. I thought BG man handles us more than Miami did tbh.
I agree, the 2nd half was much better than the first. The point still remains, 4 turnovers and an all time blunder handed us the game. At no point did I think we were in the drivers seat.