#GTvsMIA Postgame

yoshiki2

Georgia Tech Fan
I have not been on this site since the 1st drive of the second half last week. I have distanced myself from everything GT Football for the whole week. I had no idea of the coaching assignment changes. I watched the game on a 30 minute delay because of other obligations. I paused it when King was intercepted at 17-17. An hour later I decided to watch skip with the sound off. I turned on the sound during the fumble review (which I think was the wrong call, but am grateful they called it the way they did).

I think this win was worthy of my last pour of the 2017 William Larue Weller in my cabinet.

View attachment 14868
I don't know much about bourbon but seems expensive. Enjoy!

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
What a gutsy win. .One note: You think we practiced tackling this week? What a difference. Key hinted that Wednes pratice was tough.
It is shocking that after Louisville game, that we were still tackling terribly. You make a major move and you have those same guys that missed tackles all season making plays. Good call by Key.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I turned on the sound during the fumble review (which I think was the wrong call, but am grateful they called it the way they did).
I think he most likely had possession when his elbow touched the ground. However, the call on the field was a fumble. To overturn it, you have to have absolute evidence that it was not a fumble. You can see that the ball was stripped out after the elbow touched the ground. However, the video does not show that he had firm possession of it before it was pulled out. If there was a better camera angle, then maybe the call on the field could be overturned, but you need video that shows the ball in firm possession and not slipping when his elbow touched the ground. That video is not available, at least in what they showed on TV.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I think he most likely had possession when his elbow touched the ground. However, the call on the field was a fumble. To overturn it, you have to have absolute evidence that it was not a fumble. You can see that the ball was stripped out after the elbow touched the ground. However, the video does not show that he had firm possession of it before it was pulled out. If there was a better camera angle, then maybe the call on the field could be overturned, but you need video that shows the ball in firm possession and not slipping when his elbow touched the ground. That video is not available, at least in what they showed on TV.
Who cares. Why is everybody fixated on a bad coach decision. We won with a gutsy performace. To hell with their bad coaching. WE TOOK ADVANTAGE OF IT>!!!

laoh

Ramblin' Wreck
Classy Miami fans throwing water bottles at Leary after the TD. I said “Typical Miami Hurricanes” about 10 times tonight. I had to explain to my son that Miami is the champion of stupid mistakes/penalties. And then the last :30 happened and proved me right.
You weren't there during the Maryland game when our own fans were throwing seat cushions onto the field.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
The catch by Malik to setup for Leary's touchdown was one helluva catch. Haynes threw that in the nick of time too as it looked like a defender made contact with his arm while he was following through.

Also, Christian's route on the touchdown was improvised right? It looked like Haynes was getting ready to sprint for the sidelines when he made that nice throw on the run.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
Miracle on Techwood and the Kick and the Pick as well
Miracle on Techwood and the Kick and the Pick as well

Though that might be some of the worst

Lol, that’s one game from forever ago. Miami fans have proven they are horrible through hard work and consistency. They really make an effort to be d**ks
I was in the Rambling Reck Club for that game and was the football chairman so I helped distribute those seat cushions. And then I helped pick them up off the field as they were thrown.

That was the last time we distributed seat cushions......

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Lol. Corch Richt morose on the post game wrap up
Well, in all fairness, Parkinson's will darken anyone's day as it did my father the last three years of his life. A great win by the Jackets. Different people will rank them differently, but I would think that this is the most improbable victory given the circumstances of any of the latter day miracles that have been seen by Tech fans including the Calvin game against Clemson following the rolling snap, the Kerry Watkins catch against Clemson and the "Miracle on Techwood" against FSU and the helmet fumble win against FSU. This one tops them all.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I don't know much about bourbon but seems expensive. Enjoy!
It is delicious. It is especially expensive on the secondary market, which I would never support. 2019 goes for between $1500 - $2000 a bottle. I only pay retail.

This final pour was well suited for the enormity of the occasion.

My emotional investment in GT Sports is not healthy, which is why I took the week off.

leatherneckjacket

Helluva Engineer
I am sorry to say I turned off the game after their last first down thinking they would kneel down on their last three snaps. It never dawned on me that they would run the ball three plays in a row and fumble the ball. I also cannot believe they let a receiver get behind the defense with no time in the clock. What a win
Ef the canes. Go Jackets! I am stunned and ecstatic.