#GTvsMIA Postgame

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
To all the "I'm done being a GT fan" people from last week... thoughts?
I'll bite. GT alum, twice. Season ticket holder since 2008. Last week hurt, mainly because I really hoped we were past that. I'm obviously excited for the victory today, for how the team played, and let's be honest, beating Miami is just icing on the cake. I've never liked their fans and that goes back to at least 2009.

The BG loss still hurts because...Louisville beat Notre Dame. If Tech takes care of business last week against Bowling Green...WE ARE RANKED this week. And I think it's going to take a little number next to our name to *finally* get people back to the Flats.

But give credit to Key. Demoting Thacker looked bad on him, but paid immediate dividends. One of the hardest lessons to learn in life is "Don't throw good money after bad". Know when to cut your losses.

With everything that's happened, we have one ACC loss. Clemson is not the juggernaut they once were. Boston College and UVA are very winnable. Syracuse is a possibility. As disappointing as the Bowling Green loss is, we're not done yet.

And as a major takeaway of that 2009 season, I tend to focus on the good over the bad. So game on.

stingerman

Georgia Tech Fan
My comments summed up in 4 points:
-may be the most unbelievable ending to a tech football game I’ve seen my 30+ years being a fan.
-the defensive tackling was dramatically improved, it has to be effort seeing there’s no way the scheme could change that much in one week, so I credit the guys for taking pride in tackling this week
-I still can’t get over the play calling by BF on that 2nd and 2 after the pick, king saved his *** tonight coming back and winning
-cristoball better hire security from the 7 Miami fans tonight
The closest to this that I can remember in terms of being resurrected from the dead was GT-Clemson 2004. We were even more dead this time.

Aanderson1839

Georgia Tech Fan
It seems crazy to think about all of the games GT has played where we either lost or won games it seemed like the final outcome was extremely unlikely. FSU fumbled into the endzone and we recovered, "the Legend of Calvin is born" at Clemson, Kerry Watkins catch at Clemson, the jasper sanks "fumble", this game, the list is long! Notice I avoided the games we lost :)

JacketFan137

Banned
If he gets fired he got himself fired, absolute stupidity, may be the most stupid thing I've ever seen in CFB, but I'm on the "loving it" end of his stupidity.
oh no doubt. credit to our guys for taking advantage of the opportunity given but that may have been the worst coaching decision i’ve ever seen and we saw collins for 3 years

DiffusedAcorn

Jolly Good Fellow
It seems crazy to think about all of the games GT has played where we either lost or won games it seemed like the final outcome was extremely unlikely. FSU fumbled into the endzone and we recovered, "the Legend of Calvin is born" at Clemson, Kerry Watkins catch at Clemson, the jasper sanks "fumble", this game, the list is long! Notice I avoided the games we lost :)
Miracle on Techwood and the Kick and the Pick as well