GT's Long Snapper is a PHD Student

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Very well stated, Tom.

Did not know the story about the former West Fannin Yellow Jacket, Tom Bowling. Saw him at a fall golf outing at Stone Mountain a decade or so ago.

I got out with a 2.54 and the Navy never could understand why it was so low. With a Lottery Number of 43, I'm glad they kept me around.

Also retired from the Navy & again from a DoD civilian job first in Huntsville, then the UK.

Other than the mass emailing announcement about Veterans' Recognition Night next week, have you seen anything directed at us Letterwinner Vets? Saw Derrick Deems at the UNC game and he hadn't heard anything then.

THWg!
Where are the Letterwinners having their tournament these days? I've been a regular late Friday afternooner at SM and y'all would always be finishing up as I was going out. The club Manager said y'all haven't been there in a few years.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Where are the Letterwinners having their tournament these days? I've been a regular late Friday afternooner at SM and y'all would always be finishing up as I was going out. The club Manager said y'all haven't been there in a few years.
Hasn't been one since pre-COVID..... and that includes the Spring FB one as well..... with the inevitable turnover & people starting to age out, AFAIK no one has stepped up to run either one.... and it's no small effort, either..... some youngster in their 40s or 50s, not us 70 somethings.:cool:

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Hasn't been one since pre-COVID..... and that includes the Spring FB one as well..... with the inevitable turnover & people starting to age out, AFAIK no one has stepped up to run either one.... and it's no small effort, either..... some youngster in their 40s or 50s, not us 70 somethings.:cool:
Oh, I guess covid makes since.

BTW, the club's Pro/Mgr is named Brian Oliver. :)

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Do they draft long-snappers in the NFL? Maybe he actually is NFL quality at his position?
Not really, but if you still have eligibility left and you forgo it, you are declaring yourself draft eligible whether you’re likely to be drafted or not. Players have until January 15th to declare for the draft or go back to school.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Don't know about drafting.... IIRC Andrew Economos was a UDFA......

Same for the Bears with _____ Scales (Utah State)..... his dad Herb played for us under Fulcher & Pepper.
Per the Internet :rolleyes: long snappers in the NFL make around $1.2M/year and the average career is 6 years.

Deep Snap you were born too early:ROFLMAO: