#GTCamp15

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Well that's crazy...from all the talk this summer from quite a few board members, Skov is supposed to beast the BB competition and run for 25,000+ yards.

In all seriousness, we'll be okay at BB. Skov just needs to get used to doing more than smashing linebackers without the ball. Now he has to tuck the ball, smash the first defender, and run for daylight. CPJ does seem to single him out in a more critical manner...which means he expects more from Skov than a falling forward.
This is what I'm saying. He's physically gifted, but I don't see him being an upgrade from last season at all.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Who knows what's going on. Sure seems to be a lot of hoopla about Skov's physique and physical feats of strength, videos leaking out and all. CPJ may be trying to let him know not to get the big head. He has to learn to play the position of b-back, not just be a dude with a ripped body. Obviously, we didn't take Skov on scholarship for nothing. We think he can help us. But I'm still thinking about Marcus Allen trucking Demond Smith like a rodeo clown getting trampled by a bull in the Spring game.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Well that's crazy...from all the talk this summer from quite a few board members, Skov is supposed to beast the BB competition and run for 25,000+ yards.

In all seriousness, we'll be okay at BB. Skov just needs to get used to doing more than smashing linebackers without the ball. Now he has to tuck the ball, smash the first defender, and run for daylight. CPJ does seem to single him out in a more critical manner...which means he expects more from Skov than a falling forward.

CPJ was asked about the progress of specific guys in their first practice in pads. I wouldn't read into it.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer

He's been at the position for 3 days, and this is the first one in pads. It took Synjin a bit of time to get rolling, and he had been in this offense for 4 years.
I still think he and Allen will give us good production together.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
CPJ was asked about the progress of specific guys in their first practice in pads. I wouldn't read into it.

Calm down everyone...my comment was TIC in relation to huge amount of hype some people gave the guy over the summer before he even had his first practice. Hence the "In all seriousness..." lead into the second part of my post.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
Everyone looks good in shorts and when practices are closed. The first five or six games, the most popular players will be the A and B backs that are on the bench.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Calm down everyone...my comment was TIC in relation to huge amount of hype some people gave the guy over the summer before he even had his first practice. Hence the "In all seriousness..." lead into the second part of my post.
I got it. I also agree with the general sentiment that CPJ never crowns someone as savior of the program. He keeps the pressure on a player until they hit certain benchmarks. He does this, in my opinion, because he cares about players doing their best. He is a motivator with low anxiety because he puts the onus on the players to reach the standard of play expected of them.

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
image.jpg

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Thursday, August 6 -- Sixth Practice
Georgia Tech was in full pads for the second straight day at #GTCAMP as the Yellow Jackets completed an up-tempo, two-hour practice on the Flats. Senior DB Jamal Golden joined RamblinWreck.com for his second day as this week's Camp Correspondent. Golden tapped Jalen Johnson as the Defensive Player of the Day for his tackle for loss in the 11-on-11 period; picked Antonio Messick as his Offensive Player of the Day after a couple nice catches; and went with Broderick Snoddy's 22-yard grab down the sideline during the 11-on-11 period as his Play of the Day.