#GTCamp15

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Saturday, August 1 -- First Practice
The first day of #GTCAMP15 is in the books after a 24-period practice in tops and shorts Saturday on the Rose Bowl Practice Field. The Yellow Jackets got a reprieve from the recent string 90-plus temperature days in Atlanta. With a slight breeze and low humidity, the Jackets ushered in the 2015 season. During 7-on-7 drills, junior QB Justin Thomas completed long passes to Brandon Oliver (33 yards), Ricky Jeune (60 yards, TD) and Micheal Summers (24 yards). After lunch, the team will see Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation this afternoon.

QUOTES OF THE DAY
"It was good (to be out there). I tell you, we caught a break. The heat was down a little bit. There wasn't a lot of humidity. (It was a) good way to get started. It's exciting to be back out there. The guys flew around pretty good for the first day."
- head coach Paul Johnson

"There's no carryover (from last season). It's a new team, a new year. No one has won a game, no one has a lost a game on any team. This team has to make its own identity. Last year's team had their identity. This year's (team) has to make a new one...Everybody has to go out and do their part and not look to last year."
- junior QB Justin Thomas

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
QUOTES OF THE DAY
"It was good (to be out there). I tell you, we caught a break. The heat was down a little bit. There wasn't a lot of humidity. (It was a) good way to get started. It's exciting to be back out there. The guys flew around pretty good for the first day."

I want to know who is this guy claiming to be Paul Johnson because he is doing a lousy job of impersonating him.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
"Sold" "poof" #dontunderstand

These Freshman have been wined, dined, & wooed since their recruitment. All they have been told is how great they are and shown so much love on Twitter. Even the first couple of weeks on campus, has been easing them in and them enjoying the college life. Today is the day when that end and you are just another # until you prove otherwise. From here on out, anything they want will have to be earned

Declinometer

Banned
These Freshman have been wined, dined, & wooed since their recruitment. All they have been told is how great they are and shown so much love on Twitter. Even the first couple of weeks on campus, has been easing them in and them enjoying the college life. Today is the day when that end and you are just another # until you prove otherwise. From here on out, anything they want will have to be earned
I look at it like their dream is just beginning! A chance to be on a special team and to compete. I'm sure that's all CPJ "sold".

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
I just want to know if you can see CPJ's lips move when JT is talking. JT is everything you could possibly want in a qb/leader.... etc. Some people just get it at a younger age than others. This guy's appears destined to take the mantel from CJ, Roddy, etc as the next great ambassador of tech..
But honestly, the same could be said for Dj white and about 20 other guys on the team.. just a really really good group of young men

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I look at it like their dream is just beginning! A chance to be on a special team and to compete. I'm sure that's all CPJ "sold".

Lol what dream you had that consisted of high 90 degree weather, heat index of 110, GA humidity, feet burning from the hot turf, and the only way you can get the coach off your back is you have to beat the guy in front of you like Shamire, who is hungry (literally and figuratively) and fighting for a spot just like you. What a sweet dream!!!

Last edited:

DrJacket

Helluva Engineer
It's like that scene from the football movie "The Express" a few years ago--

(One veteran player says to a younger one during camp) "I'll bet about right now you're wondering what happened to that kind man who promised your Mama he'd take reallll...good care of you."
hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Declinometer

Banned
Lol what dream you had consisted high 90 degree weather, heat index 110, GA humidity, feet burning from the hot turf, and the only way you can get the coach off your back is you have to beat the guy in front of you like Shamire, who is hungry (literally and figuratively) and fighting for a spot just like you. What a sweet dream!!!
No doubt it seperates the guys that love it and the guys that like it. I only played thru high school and I can tell you that I loved it. In my day we had 2 a days with full pads in the am and pm in south Ga heat.
These freshmen knew what was in store for them.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
It's like that scene from the football movie "The Express" a few years ago--

(One veteran player says to a younger one during camp) "I'll bet about right now you're wondering what happened to that kind man who promised your Mama he'd take reallll...good care of you."
hqdefault.jpg

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Ain't it the truth!!!!

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
No doubt it seperates the guys that love it and the guys that like it. I only played thru high school and I can tell you that I loved it. In my day we had 2 a days with full pads in the am and pm in south Ga heat.
These freshmen knew what was in store for them.
I remember my summer camp in South Georgia. Every time you even thought about heat stroke (a serious thing but coaches and players were ignorant in those days) the coach would say something like, "I bet those boys over in 'dosta are working twice as hard as you right now and loving every minute of it."

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Lol what dream you had that consisted of high 90 degree weather, heat index of 110, GA humidity, feet burning from the hot turf, and the only way you can get the coach off your back is you have to beat the guy in front of you like Shamire, who is hungry (literally and figuratively) and fighting for a spot just like you. What a sweet dream!!!
Again from Monty Python, "I'm getting better!"

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Saturday, August 1 -- First Practice
The first day of #GTCAMP15 is in the books after a 24-period practice in tops and shorts Saturday on the Rose Bowl Practice Field. The Yellow Jackets got a reprieve from the recent string 90-plus temperature days in Atlanta. With a slight breeze and low humidity, the Jackets ushered in the 2015 season. During 7-on-7 drills, junior QB Justin Thomas completed long passes to Brandon Oliver (33 yards), Ricky Jeune (60 yards, TD) and Micheal Summers (24 yards). After lunch, the team will see Mission: Impossible Rogue Nation this afternoon.

QUOTES OF THE DAY

"There's no carryover (from last season). It's a new team, a new year. No one has won a game, no one has a lost a game on any team. This team has to make its own identity. Last year's team had their identity. This year's (team) has to make a new one...Everybody has to go out and do their part and not look to last year."

Dang.....these two quotes get me fired up!!

We're going BACK to Charlotte!!!