GT... where making the Iron Man suit is possible

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
The original video has 100s of thousands of views in a few days. Should make it to over million views at this rate.

original link:

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Sidewalk fan here and I loved it. Tech really does need to sell itself better. Who cares if Tech is a nerd school...Nerds win in the game of life.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Most high school football players would rather not be associated with "nerds." Who do you think were the guys administering the swirlees and wedgies?
There are 2 different kinds of nerds. One is the kind with the very aggravating personality who gets on everyone's nerves and invites ridicule on himself. The other is the guy who's just freakin' smarter than everyone else.

Edit: Just thought of another way to put it: One guy really wants to be the smartest guy in the room. The other guy really is the smartest guy in the room.

If the latter is true, you don't have to do anything to try to prove it.

Last edited:

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
There are 2 different kinds of nerds. One is the kind with the very aggravating personality who gets on everyone's nerves and invites ridicule on himself. The other is the guy who's just freakin' smarter than everyone else.

Edit: Just thought of another way to put it: One guy really wants to be the smartest guy in the room. The other guy really is the smartest guy in the room.

If the latter is true, you don't have to do anything to try to prove it.
My point is that this vid is not gonna boost recruiting. It appeals to the STEM-nerd/jock who is already loving us.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The best part is when he says "You can play theme music during your convocation speech like a bad ***. At Georgia Tech you can do that, I'm doing that....!"

He apparently plagiarized that and the "You can do that" riff from a speaker talking about sci-fi.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
He apparently plagiarized that and the "You can do that" riff from a speaker talking about sci-fi.
What a minute, he "plagiarized" because he said "You can do that"? Thats 4 common words uttered countless times in that order every day by all sorts of people.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I like the way Rolling Stone covered the video because it did oddly tie in with Tech football:

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture...ia-tech-student-gives-bonkers-speech-20130821

Notice that at the end they link to a page containing 9 inspiring football locker-room speeches where all but two of them are fake Hollywood ones.

http://www.artofmanliness.com/2008/08/28/8-inspirational-football-locker-room-speeches/

The only two real ones are both from Tech. I know it is roundabout but I liked how it does show off GT Football.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
What a minute, he "plagiarized" because he said "You can do that"? Thats 4 common words uttered countless times in that order every day by all sorts of people.

no. You missed two things which might improve your ability to comprehend posts in discussion forums generally. First, you missed the fact that I was responding to your previous post. Generally, that suggests that I'm referring to the contents of that post in my post. Second, you missed the word "riff" in my post which was referring to the whole section where he's talking about "you can do that." However, to be clear, it was only the playing of 2001, saying, "If you want to play theme music like a badass, you can do that .. . I am doing that" which he plagiarized.

cyp posted it in stingtalk, start at 8 min 44

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
My point is that this vid is not gonna boost recruiting. It appeals to the STEM-nerd/jock who is already loving us.
It will appeal to many of the guys we're going after. Not the guys where Bama and Ugag are the main competition, but the guys where Stanford, Notre Dame, etc are the main competition.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
When the GT entrance theme song is playing..... "Like A Bad ***" should scroll in big bold letters on the jumbo tron. Just sayin...

cyptomcat

Ramblin' Wreck
no. You missed two things which might improve your ability to comprehend posts in discussion forums generally. First, you missed the fact that I was responding to your previous post. Generally, that suggests that I'm referring to the contents of that post in my post. Second, you missed the word "riff" in my post which was referring to the whole section where he's talking about "you can do that." However, to be clear, it was only the playing of 2001, saying, "If you want to play theme music like a badass, you can do that .. . I am doing that" which he plagiarized.

cyp posted it in stingtalk, start at 8 min 44

Nick had a much better delivery and I think, he even made the speech more lyrical with his version/edits. But yeah it is copied, now this other guy is getting some fame too, thanks to Nick. :p