GT@WF

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Down Jason Morris today, I have a feeling Q is going to have a big game for us. Miller is gonna have a tough assignment on D so were going to need scoring from elsewhere. Hope we can grab another road win. Go Jackets!

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Not returning for this game??? That hurts... but the same things hold true. Gotta keep up the hustle til the buzzer and make a few shots. Therefore we need shooters. Cannot stutter on D or in half court.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
HUGE win for the jackets. I know most people have given up on them, but they didn't give up. MGH and Miller took over at the end, and we got quality minutes from Poole, Stephens, and even Ron Wamer (a walk-on!!). If Golden is out for any length of time, its going to be tough going, but they showed today that they still have talent enough to beat the decent-to-good ACC teams. They shot VERY well from the free throw line, attacked the zone pretty well, and even made some outside shots. I thought they played good D too. The turnovers were ugly, but thats what happens when you play a Fr. PG with little experience for the entire game! Way to go, Jackets! We are proud of you!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Impressive stat line for Daniel Miller - 16 pts, 14 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals, 3 blocks. There haven't been many better lines than that at the PF or C position this year in the major conferences, let alone at a GT.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
Also WF had been playing great as of late. Just being able to still compete is impressive to me, let alone winning... on the road. CBG has been put in a bad spot and isnt giving up. Losing alot of our stars after this year. How do others respond?

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
To quote SecretAgentBuzz - "...play a Fr. PG with little experience for the entire game!"

Yeah! And he should be a second year PG with a year under his belt. But again, the injury bug that has so plagued this team the last 2 seasons.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Great win. Really proud of the guys...they have every excuse to quit but they are fighting hard.

MGH and Bolden seemed to be more comfortable without Golden on the court.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
More comfortable or not we played pretty good. Hopefully we can improve the turnover problem that appeared to get worse when TG left.
We also had in 8 minutes run without a field goal... Thankfully we made some free throws.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
If we go 49.1% from the field. 46.2% from 3 and 80.8% from the charity stripe we'll win more games than we'll lose in the ACC. It was a weird game. Update during the game was that Carter should be back from Clemson and if not then UVA on the weekend. As long as Golden isn't permanently hurt we should get a big boost.

Interesting point @Eric that MGH and Bolden were better without Golden in, I agree. I fear MGH is content allowing someone else to take the spotlight and if no one else will then he'll play his game. He needs to learn as a wing the spotlight is his. It's Golden's job to get the ball to him in position so BE AGGRESSIVE! He's the 2nd most athletic guy on the team (Stacy Poole is #1 but his athleticism doesn't translate to basketball like MGHs does.)

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Making shots, rebounding and making free throws wins the game - for sure.
Glad the team won despite all the injuries.
Heard the blurb on Carter. Hope he doesn't rush anything and have more problems, but would love to see him play in the next couple of games.
Hope TG is able to get treatment/rest to get his groin to where he can play with abandon.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
I'm proud in the way this team have face the obstacles they have faced! Great WIN! against a team that is tough at home (look at who they have beat)
Hope TG recovers quickly and I'm glad that Carter is not forcing things.

I don't know why I was thinking we play Wake twice, stupid me.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
We will win 5 games and if we get RCJr and Golden back and healthy we could win a few more than that. Were not a bad team... We are just very depleted. So everybody is.wore.down at the end.of games

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
amazing win really even vs an avg team ,an away win is big,does it seem we almost play better on road?
shooting well cures all ills-we went 37 mins at PG with basically no scoring but others did very well