GT @ Wake Forest 2/19/20

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Usher really coming on now. Big win and the guys were tough down the stretch. Hit their FT's. Jose is money at the line in crunch time. Cole played well when we needed it. Good team win on the road.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We actually did well at the FT line overall.[emoji106]
4e149bb087da1131f741a9abb1fbac10.jpg

LibertyTurns

Banned
Usher really coming on now. Big win and the guys were tough down the stretch. Hit their FT's. Jose is money at the line in crunch time. Cole played well when we needed it. Good team win on the road.
When he plays smooth, he’s good. Out of control, not so much.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Big game to build some momentum after the UL win.

Other than Banks who wasn't allowed to play tonight, I thought everyone who played significant minutes played well. Cole moved well and finished the ball strong when he had a chance. I also thought he played well on defense towards the end not just with the late steal but also the hard foul to make them earn it at the line . Usher has really found his role imo. He's not a tremendous scorer but he's consistently giving us about 8 points which is big just to get some production from teh 3 spot, but his defense, rebounding, and even passing at times has been big for us. Moses with another solid 14-7 on 60% shooting. Remarkable how consistent he's gotten for us. And obviously Jose and Mike both had absolutely amazing games. Jose recognizing the way the refs were calling it and taking advantage and Mike just showing that Wake had nobody that could stop him.

Now we get Cuse on the road so we get a bit of a chance to show how much better we are now than we were early in the year. After that, we follow that up with a 3 game home stand against Clemson, Miami, and Pitt which would give us a chance to really string something together to end the season.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Another win. While I think the big dance is out of reach, does anyone think NIT, this year?

Three years ago we finished 17-14 (8-10) and made the NIT after a one and done in the ACCT. If we win 4 of our last 5 we'd be at the same overall record and 11-9 in conference. I would say NIT is still in play, but we'd have to really finish strong for that to happen.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Back from the game! What a fun game. The refs were horrible. I actually like our new and improved dribble and drive offense. Wake came back and finally got the crowd into it in the second half but Devoe and Alvarado calmed stepped on the gas and blew them away. After that, the only left for the crowd to cheer for was Chick-fil-a. If GT missed two free throws in a row, everyone would get free sandwiches. Didn’t happen and they all left disappointed!

go Jackets! Great game!