GT @ Wake Forest 2/19/20

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
After a upset victory over Louisville and a week off, GT is back at it against Wake Forest in Winston-Salem.

Wake Forest is favored by 1.5 which basically means nobody has any idea who will win this game but the slight edge will go to the home team. Both of these teams are “Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde” and no one has a clue who will show up.

Someone mentioned in the Louisville thread that it would be very Georgia Tech of us to beat Louisville and then lose to Wake Forest. So I guess...don’t get your hopes up?

Wake Forest is not very good, but they aren’t horrible either. They rebound well and Childress will get his buckets. Somebody else who knows their team well can comment more.

I am particularly excited about this game...because I get to be there with my son! It’s a rare occasion that I find myself in town for a GT game, so I am pumped and we will be there cheering on the team!

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I am apprehensive about tonite.

I think wfu is honoring their 95 team that was a big winner (?), and after our game ville lost to Cu by 15.

We need it, as if everyone didn’t know.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
My expectations are already suitably low. Our track record has not been one of consistency.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Mid week away game in February after about a week off against a team that on paper we should beat - but anyone who says they know for sure what is going to happen with these 2 squads is looking to lose lots of money.

Deleted member 2897

KenPom has us at #82. Wake is #97. We were well over #100 about a month ago.

I just scrolled through their schedule to point out a few games to prove they are an up and down team. I seriously couldn't find any 'up' evidence. They don't have any signature wins. This one to me would be even worse than losing to Pittsburgh. At least Pittsburgh beat highly ranked Florida State, Kansas State, Rutgers, Northwestern, and UNC twice.

Even as a road game, we should be a 6 point favorite in my opinion with our full roster in place. That we're not just shows how little confidence people have in our team.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
KenPom has us at #82. Wake is #97. We were well over #100 about a month ago.

I just scrolled through their schedule to point out a few games to prove they are an up and down team. I seriously couldn't find any 'up' evidence. They don't have any signature wins. This one to me would be even worse than losing to Pittsburgh. At least Pittsburgh beat highly ranked Florida State, Kansas State, Rutgers, Northwestern, and UNC twice.

Even as a road game, we should be a 6 point favorite in my opinion with our full roster in place. That we're not just shows how little confidence people have in our team.
KenPom says we're a dog @ Wake, but that we're the better team on a neutral court. In other words, the line is correct if you believe in KenPom.

Devil's advocate: do you think that Wake beating a < .500 GT team would be considered 'up' evidence? Wake beat Xavier, which was arguably better than our "up evidence" until a week ago.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
KenPom says we're a dog @ Wake, but that we're the better team on a neutral court. In other words, the line is correct if you believe in KenPom.

Devil's advocate: do you think that Wake beating a < .500 GT team would be considered 'up' evidence? Wake beat Xavier, which was arguably better than our "up evidence" until a week ago.

This..They beat UNC by 17 (with Cole Anthony) and they beat Clemson handily as well. They’ve played tough at home recently, but got handled easily on the road at Miami.

I feel like this is a game we should win, but should win and winning are two different things. Hopefully the time off has allowed us to focus in on this game, and we can take care of business.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
We will either win or lose by 20 or less. :ROFLMAO:

GT has the advantage on the inside, but Wake has a lot more depth—they play 8 or 9. Staying out of foul trouble and getting some quality minutes from the bench will be important.