GT @ VT prediction thread

chrsw003

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't have a good feeling bc not confident in the D. But had a dream last night that we won 31-28 so I gotta go with it.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
I really hope i'm wrong on this but my gut tells me 31-24 VT. I don't think they will blow us out but I think we make a dumb mistake or two that costs us the game.

gtduck

Georgia Tech Fan
Don't have a good feeling bc not confident in the D. But had a dream last night that we won 31-28 so I gotta go with it.
Not that I really believe in that, but I had a dream the night before Georgia Southern that we won by 4 points. Spent the first half of that game thinking how crazy that dream was.

Here's to hoping we have the same eventual outcome due to your dream.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.

Not that I really believe in that, but I had a dream the night before Georgia Southern that we won by 4 points. Spent the first half of that game thinking how crazy that dream was.

Here's to hoping we have the same eventual outcome due to your dream.
I had a dream the other night that I became the lead singer of Motorhead... I may be in luck.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
The great thing about college football and all true sports is that it is unscripted and the outcome is unknown ahead of time. Anything can happen and often does. This ain't WWF.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
38 - 31 Tech

Bold prediction.

I can't call this one. Too many unknowns on both sides of the ball for both teams. A month a go I figured we would know what kind of team we have on our hands but we don't.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
I am a big believer in the importance of the psychological intangibles having an influence on win/loss prospects because we are dealing with 18-22 year-olds where momentum and group psychology have a larger impact.

Negative intangibles:
This game is a road game against a very tough division rival in a hard stadium to play in where the program is 1-4. VT is coming off a humbling loss at home and as CPJ likes to say "good" teams don't lose two in a row. It is also hard to imagine VT losing twice in a row at home where they do so well in conference since the beginning of time. Tech has a lot of youth. We have seen over the years that the week after a team plays Tech is a good time for that team to lose, so our Defense could be at risk for an "option hangover" of its own after playing GSU and 2 of 3 first games against the option.

Positive intangibles:
Tech has 3 tough victories including a road win and especially a second half last game where they completely relaxed and thought they were good enough to mail it in. What else? I do think our QB shows a lot of poise and that he has a really good complement of mature players around him that are helping him gain confidence and develop.

Somehow the outcomes have always been very close under CPJ so I anticipate us having a chance per usual. A victory would be a showcase win though and a loss would not really be shocking no matter how disappointing it will naturally be.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Somehow I picture us going ahead with less than two minutes to go, then VT gets the ball back and I'm literally shaking thinking not again......

Last years loss to them was the most brutal loss of the season for me. In fact we have lost to them 2 or 3 times out of the last 4 losses where I truly believed I was watching Tech prove themselves to be the better team yet not getting the win. Those losses are brutal. But as someone said elsewhere it is actually logically a blessing to have a team just good enough to disappoint and rip your heart out. Perspective is hard to get as a fan and rarely available quickly after a game.

I am rooting for a close win (just don't see a blowout on the road there) where we finally make just enough plays and have just enough tenacity and toughness to get over the hump.