GT-VT game thread.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
Anybody know if VT has a good frontcourt presence?
Yes they do. They will be a tough matchup as they have solid inside presence and a couple of guys who can get hot from the 3 point line and put up points in a hurry. They are well coached. You will enjoy/hate their offensive sets.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Grant Basile (transfer) has become their primary frontcourt presence. Averages 16 for the year but comes into this game with back to back 33 point performances. Not a traditional 5 as he plays from the 3 point line in. Have to guard him pretty much everywhere. They normally run a lot of motion for their guards/wings which gets switches and makes defenses move. We will see a lot of that tonight.

VT overview for tonight

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Grant Basile (transfer) has become their primary frontcourt presence. Averages 16 for the year but comes into this game with back to back 33 point performances. Not a traditional 5 as he plays from the 3 point line in. Have to guard him pretty much everywhere. They normally run a lot of motion for their guards/wings which gets switches and makes defenses move. We will see a lot of that tonight.

VT overview for tonight
In other words, we should be prepared for Smith to be guarding him all night, right? 😬😒😤

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
If we don’t get away from switching that first screen with the big and guard, so Smith has to guard the big in the paint, I’m gonna start throwing things at my brand new TV. 😒

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
We had enough of a lead that FT misses didn't matter at the end in this game. Will be the Achilles heel in a tight game. Terry has the best form at the line. Others are throwing up bricks at times. Still a good win for the team. Starting to hit some three balls now. Finally has a set line up playing small ball.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
We had enough of a lead that FT misses didn't matter at the end in this game. Will be the Achilles heel in a tight game. Terry has the best form at the line. Others are throwing up bricks at times.
BB IQ is an issue as well. We really struggle getting the ball in and even when we do we are very sloppy once it is in one of our guys hands.

Good win for the boys and coaches. Dang hard to watch without screaming at the TV.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We had enough of a lead that FT misses didn't matter at the end in this game. Will be the Achilles heel in a tight game. Terry has the best form at the line. Others are throwing up bricks at times. Still a good win for the team. Starting to hit some three balls now. Finally has a set line up playing small ball.
The only ones I trust at the line are Kelly, Terry, and Franklin. Coleman has come on at the line but everyone else really needs to work.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The only ones I trust at the line are Kelly, Terry, and Franklin. Coleman has come on at the line but everyone else really needs to work.
We missed so many the last couple of minutes it could have easily cost us the win. Teams that are behind may start fouling earlier knowing our history at the line.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
I completely missed this game. Got busy, lost track of time. Usually the GT app yells at me, tells me the game is about to start. Tonight, just got the post-game result announcement.

Saw we shot a lot of FTs. How did that happen?

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Don't expect to shoot 50% from behind the three-point line every game....

Screenshot_20230215-212820.png

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I completely missed this game. Got busy, lost track of time. Usually the GT app yells at me, tells me the game is about to start. Tonight, just got the post-game result announcement.

Saw we shot a lot of FTs. How did that happen?
They fouled a lot the last couple of minutes to stop the clock plus a couple of flagrant fouls.