GT .vs. VT

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A couple of hiccups, but very good game to send the seniors out the right way.

Miami drubbed Wake, which should result with us playing Boston College in the 11/14 game on Wednesday.

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I think ND is more complete than BC. We LET BC get back in those games. Good D can dIctate how well a team shoots. We should win once again. Also can beat Pitt or Clemson

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
VPI's last 7 losses:
Pitt 62-57 (2OT)
UVA 57-53
NCSt 71-64
Duke 66-48
UNC 60-56
MD 64-47
GT 62-51

Interesting, to me. I know there's no transitive property, but it's interesting.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
I am thinking on Coach Fox at UGA giving Daniel Miller his traveling papers when he took over at UGA. I am sure he is thinking "what might have been", "what might have been". We all make mistakes. Some are huge. This decision was huge for UGA.

And, of course, I am assuming Coach Fox has someone on his staff who can coach & develop big men. CBG has proved with Miller, Carter and Holsey that he and his staff can develop the 4 & 5 spot players. The jury is out on the UGA staff.

As an aside I enjoyed Stephens coming off the bench in relief of MGH at the 3 spot instead of relieving Carter or Holsey at 4. Stephens needs to play the 3 spot IMHO.

Go Jackets!!!!!!!!!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
These last two wins and one or two wins in the ACC tourney are exactly what we needed to build enthusiasm for next year.

Of our major varsity sport coaches, I think BG has the most upside potential. He has an enthusiasm that is contagious. He needs to make major strides in the next two years or he'll lose the enthusiasm.
CPJ - we have what we have and I don't see much better or worse.
Danny Hall - high level of performance but tough time in the post season. The best winning % of any GT coach.
MaChelle Joseph - May give BG a run for his money since it seems we are recruiting better. But she's been here 11 years so is less likely to surprise after that long.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
These last two wins and one or two wins in the ACC tourney are exactly what we needed to build enthusiasm for next year.

Of our major varsity sport coaches, I think BG has the most upside potential. He has an enthusiasm that is contagious. He needs to make major strides in the next two years or he'll lose the enthusiasm.
I agree. Hope he can make the break through.
CPJ - we have what we have and I don't see much better or worse.
It ain't what it ain't. But I hope it will.
Danny Hall - high level of performance but tough time in the post season. The best winning % of any GT coach.
How much longer will he be able to ride those coat tails on winning % without winning or making it to the CWS?
MaChelle Joseph - May give BG a run for his money since it seems we are recruiting better. But she's been here 11 years so is less likely to surprise after that long.
Stability always helps, and you dont see a lot major changes in women coaches like you see in men coaching. She is always a player here and there away but getting closer.

JMO.