GT vs. VT set for Noon Kickoff 9/20

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
This is good for us... They, like every other crowd, are less amped up for these breakfast games.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone going to Music Midtown that same day? Third eye blind is probably the first artist I would want to see who are going on at 3:15, so it is possible to watch the game and make it over to Piedmont Park. Any good viewing places in the midtown area for GT away games? I know Hudson Grille Sandy Springs is good, but is Hudson Grille midtown good also? I try to avoid the Taco Mac in midtown at all costs.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Miami-Neb, Miss St-LSU both set for night games on ESPN/ESPN2/ABC. Clemson-FSU will likely get the other night game slot.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
I like the noon slot for this game. Agree less crowd involvement, plus we get our team and coaches home at a reasonable time. And no waiting for those of us watching on TV - I hate waiting around for away games to start!

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Anyone going to Music Midtown that same day? Third eye blind is probably the first artist I would want to see who are going on at 3:15, so it is possible to watch the game and make it over to Piedmont Park. Any good viewing places in the midtown area for GT away games? I know Hudson Grille Sandy Springs is good, but is Hudson Grille midtown good also? I try to avoid the Taco Mac in midtown at all costs.

I'd give it good marks—@YJAlleyCat and I are there every week for the radio show, and we've always had a good experience. The food is excellent, service is always reliable (a bit slow sometimes, if there is a big crowd, but that is to be expected), and there are lots of big-screen TVs. They have upstairs and downstairs seating areas, so it's likely that the house sound can be put on the Tech game in one of those areas. (But then again, given how often the announcers covering our games are incompetent clowns, maybe having house sound on the game is actually a negative…)

It's also extremely convenient to Piedmont Park, for someone attending Music Midtown.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I hate to be the one to dump water on everyone's fire but Virginia Tech fans are still going to be just as loud at noon as they would be for a night game. I've been to an early afternoon game there and that stadium is really loud. The way it's designed seems to hold sound in and their fans are going to be pumped (justifiably) after their team just went to the horseshoe and beat OU this past week. Assuming they don't crap the bed against East Carolina this weekend, then they'll be nationally ranked and we will be their ACC opener. So I don't think we get overlooked by their team, their coaches, or their fans.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Like the optimism. However I don't think we crack the Top 25 unless we beat VT. (I.e. not after the GSU game this week.)
You're probably right. I hadn't checked the rankings before I posted. I have since, and I saw that we didn't even have any votes so we won't crack the top 25 unless we beat VT