GT vs VPI&SU

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Let's hope we can get back to basic solid baseball this weekend. We need it. Bad,

Same starting rotation as last weekend...Gold/Ryan/Hughes. Hoping Ryan can go more than 4 innings. Hoping Hughes learns from his rough outing in Tally. And hoping Gold shakes out of his pitching slump (two poor starts in a row). Someone needs to step up for the Jackets...

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-basebl/spec-rel/031716aaa.html

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Nice to see Gold dominate again. This team needs that badly. Not so good to see the poor defense reappear in the 9th inning.

Need to keep the winning going.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Good job by Gibson to come in in a tough spot and do pretty well. Gotta clean up those walks though. How about his HS teammate Joey Bart?!?! Up 7-3 in top 6 now. Dulaney in to pitch for Gibson after lead off walk.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Love how the freshmen pitched tonight. Delaney had a tough outing last week in Tallahassee, so it was nice to see him bounce back. Gibson looks like he deserves a more critical role, as he was effective last week as well as tonight.

Hope Hughes has a bounce back performance and we can get a sweep tomorrow.

We go to Chapel Hill next weekend, so we need to win these games when we can!

Joey Bart is a player. I got sick of listening to those fsu broadcaster about their fr catcher. Bart maybe the best catcher in the country.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Let's go for the sweep today.
The streak is over... Looks like we've found ourselves a lineup (same def lineup from Friday, same B/O all weekend)
CeADUqKWwAIsSW4.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
So damn nice to be back. Time for GT to get back on track with a sweep.

I think Hall has been changing the line up more than ever and it will pay off later in the season. Also Hall has a much quicker hook on pitchers. It's nice to have options. I wish CPJ would be as quick with QBs.

Anyway, the errors are of concern this year. Another today by Craport (arguable according to annoucers), but then started a double play. 31 errors this year .... and 12 are split between Justus and Bailey so it isn't just the rookies. But maybe we are so aggressive on fielding is why we are leading the NCAA in DPs by a lot (I think).

More later. But at least GT up 1-0 in second.

Peurifoy ran from second to third on infield hit, now took home on wild pitch that was close. Great aggressive running. 2-0. We need to get the pitch count up on the VT ace pitcher.....

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Kel Grand Slam. 10-1.

He has really surprised me by how well he is hitting after last year and summer ball. Exceeding expectations (y) :alien:

Sweep on the way. Guaranteed. Wonder why Hughes pulled after 4 and only 60 pitches. Announcers wondered the same.

Anyone know what was up with Zac Ryan delayed return to the line-up?