GT vs. UVA (-21)

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I watched..... I see nothing positive going forward with Pastner. This team looks unprepared, uninterested and ready to be done. Not a good sign for the direction of the program. That’s the 4th blowout loss in league play..... I get UVA is an elite team but they made us look like a lower level Sun Belt team. If JP can’t pull a miracle and get us in the tournament next year we need to pull the plug. Two more years of this trash will completely ruin what’s left of the basketball program.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I watched..... I see nothing positive going forward with Pastner. This team looks unprepared, uninterested and ready to be done. Not a good sign for the direction of the program. That’s the 4th blowout loss in league play..... I get UVA is an elite team but they made us look like a lower level Sun Belt team. If JP can’t pull a miracle and get us in the tournament next year we need to pull the plug. Two more years of this trash will completely ruin what’s left of the basketball program.

There hasn't been anything left for years. Sadly, M.P. gets completely wasted and squandered as what could be an awesome venue. Infuriating.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
There hasn't been anything left for years. Sadly, M.P. gets completely wasted and squandered as what could be an awesome venue. Infuriating.
At least we got a little of it in 2016-17. I didn't get to many games that season living 1000 miles away, but the Belmont NIT game was about as loud as I ever heard McCamish.

GT_EE78

Banned
Well, i'll certainly agree that next year should be the deciding year , there's no benefit to the program for getting "Gregoried" again. IF Tstan gave him the contract , then Tstan should pay it. We do have to look at the early signing period next year before deciding tho, i'm still rooting for cjp to pull out some recruiting gems.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll state the obvious. We looked like an AAU B team playing Team Loaded. They were able to do anything they wanted and we couldn't get anything even remotely easy.

About the only thing I liked today was we played Moses at the 5 on D and got a chance to see that might work. We need a backup 5 next year and that could close a hole.

Rest of the night was simply us showing we are not ready for prime time.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I will support the team and players but enough is enough. We gotta turn this around next yr or move on!

gte447f

Ramblin' Wreck
A few fairly shocking observations:

Amazing that we only had 7 turnovers.
Amazing that we actually took 2 more shots than UVA (we routinely take 15+ fewer shots than our opponent).
Amazing that they out rebounded us by 20.
Amazing that Shembari Philips got in the game (the wacky personnel rotations continue).

Once again, we had about a 3-4 minute stretch in the first half where we went down by 15-20 points and its game over before the game really gets started. So frustrating. Pastner should waste a timeout every time we give up a 6 point run just for the hell of it.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Among much of what has already been said, two things that stand out to me are, 1) This was on national TV, and we wonder why are recruiting sucks and 2) One of the first comments from the studio crew at halftime was, down by 19 points this game is over because GT won't even score 19 more points, haha (we showed them we scored 29, sic), we are becoming a national joke ...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Among much of what has already been said, two things that stand out to me are, 1) This was on national TV, and we wonder why are recruiting sucks and 2) One of the first comments from the studio crew at halftime was, down by 19 points this game is over because GT won't even score 19 more points, haha (we showed them we scored 29, sic), we are becoming a national joke ...

"Becoming"?

After all my blustering, I didn't even end up watching the game. Saw that it was on and decided, "Nah, I know how that's gonna go."

Our floor should never be this low. You don't need a team full o' 5-stars to simply compete.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
"Becoming"?

After all my blustering, I didn't even end up watching the game. Saw that it was on and decided, "Nah, I know how that's gonna go."

Our floor should never be this low. You don't need a team full o' 5-stars to simply compete.

It's hard to believe (and hurts) to think we play for a National Championship in 2004 ...