GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
The rows that aren't available behind the current available rows are likely empty, they just want you to sit as close as possible. Looks like UCF sold the entirety of their sideline lower tickets, where GT did not.
You might be right, the only reason I don't think that's the case is because none of the seats in Tech's middle section are available, whereas there are still some left on the UCF side. I can't imagine they wouldn't immediately make the tickets at the 50-yard line available. Who knows though, I suppose we'll find out on December 22nd.

To anyone reading this, buy some damn tickets if you haven't already!

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
You might be right, the only reason I don't think that's the case is because none of the seats in Tech's middle section are available, whereas there are still some left on the UCF side. I can't imagine they wouldn't immediately make the tickets at the 50-yard line available. Who knows though, I suppose we'll find out on December 22nd.

To anyone reading this, buy some damn tickets if you haven't already!
GTAA bought all of those as a group and sold them to GT fans via their own ticketing portal. They allegedly sold all of the tickets that they were allocated. I requested the section closest to the 50 yard line lower, but got moved to one section over.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
I am selling 2 tickets in Club Level Section 112 Row AA seats 13 and 14. Selling for face value $168 ($84 per ticket). Can electronically transfer tickets.

slugboy

Staff member
Very basic stats preview (also the Birmingham Bowl, to spur speculation of “should we have played Troy instead?”**)

**No, we should play UCF and get the most out of our team’s bowl prep. They’re favored, though.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Very basic stats preview (also the Birmingham Bowl, to spur speculation of “should we have played Troy instead?”**)

**No, we should play UCF and get the most out of our team’s bowl prep. They’re favored, though.

Thanks. If I'm interpreting these charts correctly, the Gasparilla Bowl appears to be two fairly evenly-matched teams. Good offenses vs. bad defenses on both sides.

slugboy

Staff member
Thanks. If I'm interpreting these charts correctly, the Gasparilla Bowl appears to be two fairly evenly-matched teams. Good offenses vs. bad defenses on both sides.
Their defense is less bad than ours. Also, as multiple fonts have stated in all caps, the exact thing our defense is bad at is the thing than UCF is good at.

We have some very good coaches. I like that our offensive coaches have multiple weeks to set up an attack for UCF’s defense. Our remaining defensive coaches will need to install a plan to stop their offense

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Their defense is less bad than ours. Also, as multiple fonts have stated in all caps, the exact thing our defense is bad at is the thing than UCF is good at.

We have some very good coaches. I like that our offensive coaches have multiple weeks to set up an attack for UCF’s defense. Our remaining defensive coaches will need to install a plan to stop their offense
I hope we spend most of our defense time working on gap assignment, containment and wrap up/open field tackling. Going back to the basics would help us a ton there.

slugboy

Staff member
Noticed that only 2 Defensive coaches are listed. Also thought that I saw at least one player (Jason Moore) that declared for the portal.
Yes, we only had four defensive coaches, and two got moved to off the field roles.

Tyler Gibson is also on the list...and I thought he declared for the portal?
He did. I guess we’ll let Gibson and Moore play?
Or, nobody cares about the depth chart?

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Yes, we only had four defensive coaches, and two got moved to off the field roles.

He did. I guess we’ll let Gibson and Moore play?
Or, nobody cares about the depth chart?
I did a bit more Googling and, to my surprise, there is no rule preventing a player in the transfer portal from playing for his current team. I thought they could not but apparently I am mistaken (first time for everything, I guess 🤣 ). It is up to the coaches. Though this could just as easily be a clerical error in the depth chart.

slugboy

Staff member
I did a bit more Googling and, to my surprise, there is no rule preventing a player in the transfer portal from playing for his current team. I thought they could not but apparently I am mistaken (first time for everything, I guess 🤣 ). It is up to the coaches. Though this could just as easily be a clerical error in the depth chart.
They can let players in the portal practice or play in games. I’m just not used to anyone actually doing it