GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
  1. Let's stay on topic.
  2. If we go off topic, let it be for something fun and entertaining, and a brief diversion.
  3. Members of the board are free to post links to paywall content and encouraged to summarize the link's content in lines with fair use. While many of us prefer quality free content, not all free content is quality and not all quality content is free.
  4. If we don't interact with entities that hire people from that other school, we'll boycott the entire state. Even GT hires the occasional U(sic)GA grad. And they have to do business with us, too.
Your #3 is what I requested.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Your #3 is what I requested.
Back on track…

The original article about Philo noted that he broke the all time career passing yards record on the play prior to his final 8 yard TD pass to seal the win.
The article Noted that Key, Faulkner and Weinke were on his sideline for the game and he commented accordingly, "It was awesome for them to be here and see me break the record and see us win a state championship. It was special," Philo said after the win. "The belief in me is everything. That was one of my main factors (to committing to Tech), that they believe in me. I'm excited to get there and just put my head down and work."

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Back on track…

The original article about Philo noted that he broke the all time career passing yards record on the play prior to his final 8 yard TD pass to seal the win.
The article Noted that Key, Faulkner and Weinke were on his sideline for the game and he commented accordingly, "It was awesome for them to be here and see me break the record and see us win a state championship. It was special," Philo said after the win. "The belief in me is everything. That was one of my main factors (to committing to Tech), that they believe in me. I'm excited to get there and just put my head down and work."
Thank you!

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Dang! I tried to put us back on track and took us further off the rails by doing the wrong assignment! :banghead:

Back to the bowl article… and hopefully back on track….

Last meeting with UCF was competitive for a half. UCF out scores us 24-3 down the stretch and we showed TFG the door.

We’re getting 15 extra practices out of the bowl invite. Keep working , building and honing. "What I want to do is to be able to get as many opportunities as we can early on to keep our guys in shape to hone their skills so we haven't lost what we've been able to build through the season," Key said. "Get guys a lot of situational football, a lot of third downs, red area, two-minute, four-minute type situations. The first week of it will be good-on-good and then a lot of time for developmental guys to get practice reps."

Jaylon King, from the final CPJ class, finally getting a bowl game:
"Rewarding, pretty much seeing all my hard work pay off even through the challenges I went through, not only injuries, but playing behind someone (on the depth chart) for so long," said King, who suffered a broken leg early in the 2022 season. "Being able to wait it out six years and finally get that recognition is most definitely a rewarding feeling."

Finally, they said the Jackets need to expect a hostile crowd as UCF has sold their allowance (since the article I believe we have too). I think we kind of like hostile crowds, and hopefully this is a great bowl atmosphere for these guys (I’m betting a lot of other bowls aren’t going to be as well attended)…

Last edited:

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Dang! I tried to put us back on track and took us further off the rails by doing the wrong assignment! :banghead:

Back to the bowl article… and hopefully back on track….

Last meeting with UCF was competitive for a half. UCF out scores us 24-3 down the stretch and we showed TFG the door.

We’re getting 15 extra practices out of the bowl invite. Keep working , building and honing. "What I want to do is to be able to get as many opportunities as we can early on to keep our guys in shape to hone their skills so we haven't lost what we've been able to build through the season," Key said. "Get guys a lot of situational football, a lot of third downs, red area, two-minute, four-minute type situations. The first week of it will be good-on-good and then a lot of time for developmental guys to get practice reps."

Jaylon King, from the final CPJ class, finally getting a bowl game:
"Rewarding, pretty much seeing all my hard work pay off even through the challenges I went through, not only injuries, but playing behind someone (on the depth chart) for so long," said King, who suffered a broken leg early in the 2022 season. "Being able to wait it out six years and finally get that recognition is most definitely a rewarding feeling."

Finally, they said the Jackets need to expect a hostile crowd as UCF has sold their allowance (since the article I believe we have too). I think we kind of like hostile crowds, and hopefully this is a great bowl atmosphere for these guys (I’m betting a lot of other bowls aren’t going to be as well attended)…
We're bringing a lot more fans than a typical away game, like the one that was played on campus at UCF last season.
Also UCF took a step back this season compared to 22 and 21 so I am not anticipating as many making it out to tampa as they would if it were on campus, plus it's technically still a workday with a kickoff at 6:30 on a Friday. I think it will be 30/70 to 40/60 split GT to UCF fans, maybe like our last game when we played georgia at BDS lol.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Where is everyone parking? Anyone willing to host a couple people for a tailgate? Will bring plenty of drinks

GT33

Helluva Engineer
We're bringing a lot more fans than a typical away game, like the one that was played on campus at UCF last season.
Also UCF took a step back this season compared to 22 and 21 so I am not anticipating as many making it out to tampa as they would if it were on campus, plus it's technically still a workday with a kickoff at 6:30 on a Friday. I think it will be 30/70 to 40/60 split GT to UCF fans, maybe like our last game when we played georgia at BDS lol.
They’re going to have a large crowd. A pretty high percentage of the UCF football fans I work with are going. They all said they were pissed about drawing dook, but once it changed to GT it made the game worth attending. Man I hope we win because losing to their fans is excruciating, almost as bad as a mutt fan.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Where is everyone parking? Anyone willing to host a couple people for a tailgate? Will bring plenty of drinks
If you get into the neighborhood on the east side of the stadium, homeowners will let you park in their yard for a fee - usually $15 - $20. Just get there early!

bucknellbison31

Jolly Good Fellow
Just wanted to take a look at how many tickets were unsold and where those unclaimed seats were. I'm pretty surprised at how well Tech people did with buying tickets, our sideline (top side) has roughly the same number remaining as the UCF side. Unless a bunch of their fans decided to sit on the Tech side for no apparent reason, it might be a pretty even crowd.
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 1.49.52 PM.png

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Just wanted to take a look at how many tickets were unsold and where those unclaimed seats were. I'm pretty surprised at how well Tech people did with buying tickets, our sideline (top side) has roughly the same number remaining as the UCF side. Unless a bunch of their fans decided to sit on the Tech side for no apparent reason, it might be a pretty even crowd.View attachment 15343
The rows that aren't available behind the current available rows are likely empty, they just want you to sit as close as possible. Looks like UCF sold the entirety of their sideline lower tickets, where GT did not.

57jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Good article on our OL (AJC)