GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

Lil G

Ramblin' Wreck
I got to watch Malzahn coach during my years at Auburn.
It could have been that I was wasted every game- so everything was awesome. But I was always very impressed with his offensive craftinesses. He knows how to get guys open, and overall is a master at game management.
I’ll never forget when he beat bama by confusing them with substitutions by bringing random punt team members on and off the field- leaving bama with 12 or 13 confused players on the field even after they had time to get set, because neither the coaches or players were sure if auburn was punting or not. This resulted in a first down, from which auburn was able to take knee’s after to end the game. It was genius.
Playing him will always be a grueling chess match.

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
I got to watch Malzahn coach during my years at Auburn.
It could have been that I was wasted every game- so everything was awesome. But I was always very impressed with his offensive craftinesses. He knows how to get guys open, and overall is a master at game management.
I’ll never forget when he beat bama by confusing them with substitutions by bringing random punt team members on and off the field- leaving bama with 12 or 13 confused players on the field even after they had time to get set, because neither the coaches or players were sure if auburn was punting or not. This resulted in a first down, from which auburn was able to take knee’s after to end the game. It was genius.
Playing him will always be a grueling chess match.
He got our last coach dismissed, so he's got that going for him.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I would hope that since he's put in his four years already his decision to portalize would be viewed differently by the coaches and allow him to play in the bowl.

Is this possible? IDK
Well, players don’t have to enter the Transfer Portal until early January, so many of those from bowl teams who are entering before then are likely busy making visits to prospective suitors. Plus, since the extra practice time for a bowl game is touted as a real benefit for the upcoming season, why would you deny the next man up the extra practice time to give one who is leaving that practice opportunity for his next team? Just saying…🤷🏼

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Anyone know when we will get bowl tickets? I would assume it would be later this week or early next week. I went through GT, so hoping I get seats in the section I requested.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Whoever shoots themselves in the foot the least wins? Probably.
Last time in Raymond James we had plenty ofcoffense, ok d we fense and the worst kick off coverage in modern college football.
We gave up 2 100 yd kick off returns IN A ROW.
THEIR OLYMPIC SPRINTER RETURNER RAN RIGHT BY TRUE FRESHMAN J. THOMAS. Not axword spoken on plane ride home..

I think we play them tough - rain forecast day before and day after. I like our quick blocking scheme that makes thier lb have to change direction - Dontae goes out in blaze of glory!

Last edited:

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
If you go to game - on way go by Ybor City Cuban restaurants and pastry shops. Get great sandwiches for pregame lunch and pastries for post game.

Bread is fantastic

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Anyone know when we will get bowl tickets? I would assume it would be later this week or early next week. I went through GT, so hoping I get seats in the section I requested.
I had thought today was supposed to be the day to get our tickets from GT, but maybe I misread that.

buzzn3

Georgia Tech Fan
Found it:

"We will begin allocating seats based on priority point order beginning December 11."

So at least the higher priority people should find out today... meanwhile I'll probably just be waiting to find out they pushed me into some corner.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Found it:

"We will begin allocating seats based on priority point order beginning December 11."

So at least the higher priority people should find out today... meanwhile I'll probably just be waiting to find out they pushed me into some corner.

I'm decently high in the ranking of points with A-T, so I'll see when mine come and let the board know if they are close to what I ordered (mid field with club access) or in the upper deck end zone.... :ROFLMAO:

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Just got this, so maybe we do know something later today.

1702314252358.png

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Had a buddy who did the same thing. Bought tickets in the same section I put in for at around $120 per ticket. Hoping my going through GT won't backfire (again).

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
Yea sorry, I wasn’t willing to wait for tech to release them, my 4 were 80$/ticket somewhere in the middle of the field bottom bowl on the tech side