GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

Dobeedobeedo

Georgia Tech Fan
5th row tickets around the 30 yard line from the bowl for $75... not sure I'd get anything better from GTAA, and so far no mention of cost, so tomorrow I'll probably just pull the trigger on those if the GTAA keeps up with the silence.
The problem with the GTAA tix are that what you order you may not get if you don’t meet the Priority. GTAA will then allocate you the best available section in their view.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
The problem with the GTAA tix are that what you order you may not get if you don’t meet the Priority. GTAA will then allocate you the best available section in their view.
cant make the game due to family visits. Is there acway to buy tickets and give them to military or police?

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I'm not able to go, but I bought two tickets from the GTAA and asked for them to be donated, if possible.
Just out of curiosity, I'm wondering who the GTAA donates tickets to.
Sounds like a nice idea if you can't go to the game, but are they disadvantaged kids, just random people they know, corporate types, or who?

Secret_AznMan

Georgia Tech Fan
To be quite honest, I doubt the demand is that high from GTAA. There will probably be a lot of UCF fans in our sections too.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
I would hope that since he's put in his four years already his decision to portalize would be viewed differently by the coaches and allow him to play in the bowl.

Is this possible? IDK
I don't think it's possible. But even if it was it would be a mistake to play him, IMHO. Why? Because we need his replacement to get all the bowl practices, not a kid who is going to suit up somewhere else next year.

roadkill

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if this belongs here but I just came across some info on bowls that had me shaking my head.

A division of ESPN called ESPN Events not only has the media rights to a lot of the bowl games but owns and operates a lot of the bowls outright – including the Gasparilla. How many? Seventeen! ESPN Events actually created some of the newer bowls to get more media properties. This all makes perfect sense, but I had no idea that ESPN's reach was so deep.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if this belongs here but I just came across some info on bowls that had me shaking my head.

A division of ESPN called ESPN Events not only has the media rights to a lot of the bowl games but owns and operates a lot of the bowls outright – including the Gasparilla. How many? Seventeen! ESPN Events actually created some of the newer bowls to get more media properties. This all makes perfect sense, but I had no idea that ESPN's reach was so deep.
Follow. The. Money.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
So these guys won 3 of their last four including an absolute drubbing of OK St that was even more lopsided than what Tx did in the B12 championship.
Their lone loss in their last four was by a point on the road.
They lost to Oklahoma by just 2.
They are FOUR POINTS shy of 9-3.
This is a toughie.
Looks like they had a stinker against a pretty good Kansas team, but they apparently played a lot better than I realized this season.
Someone tell me how the 45-3 win over the Cowboys happened, please…. That’s eye popping!

slugboy

Staff member
So these guys won 3 of their last four including an absolute drubbing of OK St that was even more lopsided than what Tx did in the B12 championship.
This is a toughie.
Looks like they had a stinker against a pretty good Kansas team, but they apparently played a lot better than I realized this season.
Someone tell me how the 45-3 win over the Cowboys happened, please…. That’s eye popping!
Yeah, this is Boston College with a better offensive coaching staff. We have weeks to prepare, which makes this a little different

CEB

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, this is Boston College with a better offensive coaching staff. We have weeks to prepare, which makes this a little different

IMG_7865.gif

Well, isn’t that just a little ray of sunshine….

GetYourBuzzOn

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a toughie.
OKST had beaten OK 27-24 at home the week before. They then had to travel to UCF in what appeared to be a perfect situational "let down" game, and boy did they ever let down. I guess Gundy's teams have had a history of following up big wins with head scratching losses.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
OKST had beaten OK 27-24 at home the week before. They then had to travel to UCF in what appeared to be a perfect situational "let down" game, and boy did they ever let down. I guess Gundy's teams have had a history of following up big wins with head scratching losses.
THATS what I’m lookin for!
IMG_7867.gif