GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Just posted this in another thread

It looks like a mess. From what I can tell, GT and Duke aren’t being fought over, so we’re getting one of the bottom two bowls.

Aside from CLT, they’re the closest for us, though.

GT hasn't announced yet. Birmingham bowl hasn't announced yet. Not saying I doubt this will be the bowl and matchup, but it's doesn't look official yet.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
If our team isn’t up for this Bowl Game it speaks badly of the coaches and players. Only Smith and J King have been to a Bowl and they didn’t play in it.
From my experience with sports, the mental attitude is sometimes beyond your control no matter how many mind tricks you use to tell yourself you are not disappointed, you have pride, and you are fully focused. I’ve heard many a forlorn coach say after a devastating loss, “We had spirited practices and I really thought we were ready to play.”

Sometimes it’s just hard to turn your emotions off and on.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
LOL...I get it, Birmingham is not an attractive destination. However, we haven't been bowling in 5 years. We would have given a lot the last 5 years to go bowling.

From a football matchup, this is a good team we're playing. Show up and show out.
If Birmingham is the place then that’s where my family and I will be on 12/23 to cheer for the Jackets.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
A question for those complaining about the bowl location and opponent- do you give to AT fund ; NIL; and attend ? if not you don’t have any skin in the game. If you do contribute, what are you complaining about? This is a beginning….

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
From my experience with sports, the mental attitude is sometimes beyond your control no matter how many mind tricks you use to tell yourself you are not disappointed, you have pride, and you are fully focused. I’ve heard many a forlorn coach say after a devastating loss, “We had spirited practices and I really thought we were ready to play.”

Sometimes it’s just hard to turn your emotions off and on.
Bowl games very often depend on who's more motivated. Probably a major motivation for Tech to end up over .500, I hope.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Screenshot_20231203_180818_Messenger.jpg