GT vs UCF - Gasparilla Bowl (was GT vs Troy - Birmingham Bowl)

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
You legitimately have no idea what you’re talking about. If we only lose it’s because we didn’t try? That sounds like what a child says after losing a game of kickball at recess. What are we doing here?
I legitimately know exactly what I'm talking about. We looked past the only G5 team we played and it was early. If we don't show up for this one, shame on us, but we should blow Troy out by 3 TDs. That may not happen, but it should.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Great! By now we know we can't take anybody for granted and hopefully we will come out and play our *** off to send our seniors off with a winning record for 2023. Brent Key will feel right at home, because that is where he is from. Mom can walk to the game.

I hope our team is humbler than our fanbase. We are lucky to be invited anywhere. I hope we show our appreciation.

Go Jackets!

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
And if we played a G5 schedule, we might have someone with 16 too. Not a valid point. The GT defense would destroy most of the teams Troy played.
I actually just made a valid point with evidence, and you’re just giving your opinion. You decided to dismiss the evidence and therefore I can’t expect to have honest debate with you anymore. Which means it’s useless to view your content anymore and I gotta block you. Which indeed is somewhat disappointing, because you do make good points sometimes. You just hate when anyone challenges you. Which is what we’re here for. Enjoy the echo chamber.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I actually just made a valid point with evidence, and you’re just giving your opinion. You decided to dismiss the evidence and therefore I can’t expect to have honest debate with you anymore. Which means it’s useless to view your content anymore and I gotta block you. Which indeed is somewhat disappointing, because you do make good points sometimes. You just hate when anyone challenges you. Which is what we’re here for. Enjoy the echo chamber.
One game on our schedule that was a G5 team while 10 others are P5 teams. Yeah, you're "evidence" isn't really evidence, it's more of a data point. One point doesn't even define a line, let alone support an argument. But you do what you feel you need to do. I'm fired up about the CFP crap today and playing Troy does not concern me.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
I hope the players are showing more gratitude for this bowl game than the fans are, I'll say that much. Not going to just be able to waltz into Birmingham against a hungry Sun Belt champion and sleepwalk to a win.
Two words - Bowling Green. 😳

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Two words - Bowling Green. 😳
Bowling Green played two P5 teams this year, Michigan and GT. Michigan curb stomped them. We were the next biggest game on their schedule. We are a middling P5 team that got the best shot from a decent G5 team. We didn't take them seriously and the beat us, handily. That being said, I think if we would have played them 9 more times this season, their record would have been 1-9. We looked past them and they were good enough to make us pay. I don't think we look past Troy. This shouldn't be a close game, but it's just my opinion.

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
Georgia Tech is 7 miles further from Protective Stadium than Troy, but 15 minutes closer. It might be in their backyard, but it's in ours too.
A new stadium, easy to get to and not the crappy, dangerous neighborhood old Legion Field was in..... it's next to SEC HQ, the Civic Center, Arena, et al and several big hotels. Also where UAB & the Spring alphabet pro games are played.

It's not like Blank's Folly in the Atlanta slums.

Win more than six games & we'll get better next time.

This is Step #1.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
A new stadium, easy to get to and not the crappy, dangerous neighborhood old Legion Field was in..... it's next to SEC HQ, the Civic Center, Arena, et al and several big hotels. Also where UAB & the Spring alphabet pro games are played.

It's not like Blank's Folly in the Atlanta slums.

Win more than six games & we'll get better next time.

This is Step #1.
Atanta doesn't have slums. They were moved to Clayton County for the Olympics.

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
And if we played a G5 schedule, we might have someone with 16 too. Not a valid point. The GT defense would destroy most of the teams Troy played.
Kind of like we did BG, get a grip. GT’s defense does not destroy any team including SCST.