GT vs U(sic)GA game tickets

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Since I'm a recent grad, my last couple of years I'd have an undergrad from my chapter who was going home for Thanksgiving enter the student lottery to get a ticket and pay them for it to be in a larger GT section. This year, however, they're apparently not doing the lottery and they already sold tickets to students. Called GTAA and they said they were done selling tickets through GT now?! This would mean having to buy them through third party.

I'm wondering if the person mistook me for a student trying to buy tickets and not an alumni. I'd hope they weren't already done selling (unless they sold through their allotment in which case that's awesome). I know there was some stuff floating around about returning a bunch of tickets to Georgia earlier this year and if that's the case and they're done selling or out I'd be pretty disappointed. Anyone have any info regarding Ugag tickets?

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
If they returned tickets earlier than now that would be EXTREMELY stupid. I would buy a couple for my parents if they were still on sale.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Think I'm gonna be in the UGA student section this year. Students ain't a problem but the non student mutt fans in those sections are the trailer trash variety.

poodleface

Jolly Good Fellow
I was surprised that tickets were already on sale (thankfully an active brother at my old fraternity gave me the heads up). Two years ago you could initially only buy tickets if you had attended all of the home games up to that point. Not sure if they ever advertised a general sale after that.

I think that may have resulted in a lower-than-expected turnout of GT students (I don't recall there being more than a few rows full).

Sweetwater

Georgia Tech Fan
Been a lurker for a while. I am a recent alumni as well and I called yesterday and GT told me that they were done selling them to everyone and that I would have to go through UGa or a third party. Tickets through UGa are $90 and they dont specify where they are, I'm guessing in the 600 section. Any additional information y'all might have on the best way to buy them would be awesome.

GTBandman

Jolly Good Fellow
You can get better seats and cheaper on game day on the street. I stopped paying big bucks for GT away tix in the endzone upper deck. An Auburn loss will send the rednecks home for holiday.