Votes: 4 12.9%
  • It’s a crap shoot

Votes: 10 32.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok, here’s your game thread.

I am curious how everyone is feeling about the opening game tomorrow, sans gold colored classes.

Me? Not to good.

Juanita

Georgia Tech Fan
Love the optimism. Despise negas even when they have a valid comment. Will be watching tomorrow at noon. Do y'all post during games? It's kinda hard for me bc of where my PC and TV are set up. I'm usually terse. Like I said before, I don't know much about rules, calls, or stats. I just really enjoy watching the game! Go Jackets!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We are seeded ahead of Campbell for good reasons. So I voted yes.

I think we would easily win a 7 game series against them. But anything can happen in one game or in one inning, as we saw against Pitt when we failed to beat them 4 in a row.

bensaysitathome

Ramblin' Wreck
We are seeded ahead of Campbell for good reasons. So I voted yes.

I think we would easily win a 7 game series against them. But anything can happen in one game or in one inning, as we saw against Pitt when we failed to beat them 4 in a row.
Agreed, I'm confident we would win a larger series. The problem with this matchup is we're going to see their ace today. I'm less concerned with the depth after that.

Hoping our guys can put together some good at bats, drive up the pitch count, and get to the bullpen.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Vegas has Campbell as the favorites for this one - with a game total of 14.5 - the highest of any game on the slate today. They really don't trust our pitching (can't blame them)

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
I texted my dad 2-0 and he was like I’m not gonna follow it. He’s been pretty dedicated since Jim Morris was coach. Danny apathy bee real.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
Well, like I opined prior to the start of the season, our team had to have good pitching overall as a staff, in order to contend at tournament time at the end of the year.

Good pitching beats good hitting, most of the time. It has always been so.

Only hope is for the team to overcome its poor pitching with good hitting — and out-scoring the opposition, which it has done at times during the regular season.

The team has indeed done well to reach any Regional as a number 2 seed. But realistically, the odds are stacked against it in this postseason play.

I think our Jackets will do well enough to go 1-2 in the Knoxville Regional, and hopefully get better pitching next year.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Looks the pitched has settled down for now. Getting single runs in consecutive innings is getting us closer, but we need an inning or two where we put up some crooked numbers. Let's go Bees